Discuss Non contact voltage indicator - upgrade in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello electricians,

My current ncv indicator I think has had it, and wanted an upgrade. I’ve seen this Sagab VOLTSTICK LV50 AC Voltage Detector | eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sagab-VOLTSTICK-LV50-AC-Voltage-Detector/193808447576?hash=item2d1fe23858:g:jSQAAOSw-wZf2zTy on eBay and wanted some thoughts advice. Is this brand any good? Should I be dubious about buying such an item from eBay? Ive seen others, but have gotten mixed review from them.

I want it for testing boilers cases and pipes to indicate if voltage is present before working on stuff, not dead testing.

Thanks.

I started with a VoltStick... have no idea where it is now as it was garbage and was quickly replaced by a Fluke. If you're sold on the VoltStick though, that one is designed for 50v AC, you should be looking at one designed for 230v AC.

My first voltstick IIRC I gave away to a Russian spark in 1997. So the one in my toolbox must have lasted 23 years. No particular complaints although I expect the Fluke might be the best of the bunch.

i have several of these sticks, best one is a sagem 230pro.it has a forked end so behind a switch, will only light on a live conductor in the notch. not picking up from the rest. caveat only used as a rough guide, not for safe isolation. dabbing a L to E does that perfeck.

There are some product recalls on Klein indicators:

I had just been looking at the Klein NCVT2 on the CEF web site as they actually appear to have them in stock!

For electricians looking to add a portable, non-contact voltage tester to their toolset, I strongly suggest the Klein NCVT-2 voltage detector pen. I obviously value this tester highly. Even if it's not a Klein NCVT 3, this is still a useful item to have.

Reply to Non contact voltage indicator - upgrade in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Good afternoon all, today I experienced a near death electric shock. This happened on a single phase domestic property! I was carrying out a few...
Replies
Views
So I’ve managed to sell somethings and decided to buy a voltage tester and proving unit. I’ve seen this on eBay...
Replies
Views
J
Hi everyone, Very new here, but could do with some advice. I am in the process of designing/building a LED aquarium light using 3W power LEDs...
Replies
Views
Jacks2High
J
reckon this will be any good for under £2? Voltage Detector Pen Non-Contact AC Volt Sensor Tester Alert Pen 90~1000V LED | eBay i already have...
Replies
Views
seen as i'm still using a multimeter that CEF gave me for free for testing fuses and belling out wires and the like, i think i might be due an...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock