Discuss NVQ level 3--Gold card... in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

DeanoRN

-
Trainee
Reaction score
Hello all

just wondering if anyone has good training establishment in the midlands to take my NVQ to get my gold card at a reasonable price i have rang up one place and they want £248 a month for 10 months, seems a a bit steep but that includes the AM2.

cheers

no room on the back of my card. so much gloom and doom pics. on the back of a smoke packet these days. no space for anything else.

Just re-joined !! Maybe wrong place ! My son is contemplating taking a course over 16 weeks full time that will class him as an Electrician, even gets a "Gold Card", now when he left uni he came and worked with me as an "Electrician" Not house bashing ! I used agencies and worked for many well known firms , he was even offered a job in an office of one outfit !!! Anyway he wanted to see the world and went off to the far east as an English language teacher, now considering this course at 44 yrs of age ! If he gets all the right ticks what is the chance of him finding a job as a qualified Spark in the UK ?

Hi - sorry to say, but I’m doubtful that a course will provide the NVQ3 for your son. Maybe check? Anyway, if he has experience there’s an experienced worker assessment route which might be more appropriate.

Just re-joined !! Maybe wrong place ! My son is contemplating taking a course over 16 weeks full time that will class him as an Electrician, even gets a "Gold Card", now when he left uni he came and worked with me as an "Electrician" Not house bashing ! I used agencies and worked for many well known firms , he was even offered a job in an office of one outfit !!! Anyway he wanted to see the world and went off to the far east as an English language teacher, now considering this course at 44 yrs of age ! If he gets all the right ticks what is the chance of him finding a job as a qualified Spark in the UK ?
Do you think that's all it takes to become a qualified Electrician, a few ticks in the right spot? You must live in a different world than me, Then thinking about it maybe not.

Internet stopped, ok, the course includes 2365 level 2 ,2365 3/2382/2377 it is with Able skills uk, just asking at his age is he likely to get work.

Them Quals are same as mine except the pat testing, but there is no NVQ there. But I’m sure someone will take him on Regardless of his age

Reply to NVQ level 3--Gold card... in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock