Discuss Off Grid 12v Solar Inverter in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

YGRose

DIY
Reaction score
I'm thinking about purchasing a 12v 1000W inverter/solar controller:

I would like to power a lighting radial circuit with a fan or two and then another circuit for a few double sockets. Would it be best to wire to a consumer unit and then put RCD's in for separate circuits or should I just wire direct? I imagine a consumer unit will mean that it needs grounding, I'd rather avoid grounding rods if possible as it's mobile.

Thanks

Would it make sense to output through a 30mA RCCB and then out through at 16A MCB for sockets and a 6A MCB for the lights? I've seen people advising that this is required, however it seems overkill for a 1000W inverter as it will produce such low A... It seems like a fuse to protect the PV to inverter and another for the battery might be enough. Any help greatly appreciated!

That's what I thought. What would be the best method using the floating earth supplied on the inverter? Is it possible to run a socket and light ring safely from this?

Reply to Off Grid 12v Solar Inverter in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am a retired Electrician and started looking at Solar Power, (Black Magic to me), after much reading of "How To", I decided to build myself a...
Replies
Views
I'm in a questions asking mood tonight. I briefely looked at a job today and I need to recommend a board change but need to justify it. Firstly...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm currently working on a project to upgrade an existing renewable energy system and could really use some expert advice. The...
Replies
Views
Afternoon guys, I have a solar installation. The panels and Fox ESS hybrid inverter, Fox Cube batteries, are all installed in the garage. They...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock