Discuss Off peak and peak consuker unots combined? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Is a board layed out like this correct for an eco 7 off peak supply and a peak supply?

Two isolators that feed seperate rcds.

They have a shared neutral which is split at a Hanley block.

The peak live, neutral and earth enter the cu via one gland,

And off peak live and neutral enter via another with no earth eddy currents?

They have split neutral bars but share the same earth bar...

See badly drawn picture.20210924_094455.jpg

A single isolator in the board to isolate both supplies

Common MET and separate neutral bars

That's the way I always did them anyway
Wouldn't you need a 3 or 4 pole isolator for that?
Or do you mean for an installation where the switching/timing is done by the loads, not by the meter?

Fusebox do a dual tariff CU that can be configured as per your sketch.

nobody's said "No" yet ?

For the off-peak feed in, as long as L + N go through the same hole, the fact that E doesn't is not a problem, given there shouldn't be much current flowing in it!
I see , 2 DP isolators

That wouldn't be allowed here for 2 supplies into a distrution board .

I would agree that you really want a single point of isolation for everything, so if it were me I would look at using a 4P switch (even if one pole is unused, depending on just where it is located.

Reply to Off peak and peak consuker unots combined? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Evening All Just want to check I've got his correct.... have a property with peak & off-peak DB. The tails from both DBs peak & off-peak go into...
Replies
Views
Hi, So I'm trying to understand what's going on with my off-peak electricity supply, as something's wrong with it and I'm trying to determine if...
Replies
Views
Been round to a house to quote to replace some storage heaters for new panel heaters and came across a strange (to me at least) way of wiring the...
Replies
Views
Hi, while carrying out an EICR at a farm cottage on Friday i came up against a problem early on. Whilst measuring the Ze the reading i obtained...
Replies
Views
Hello All I was pondering an idea recently regarding the ground connection to my property. At present it has a combined Neutral to earth at the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock