Discuss old mcbs in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

pope

I am changing at least one cu a day at the moment buliding up a selection of mem, square d, wylex, fuse boards/ mcbs dont really know what to do with them as 90% are no good for a c u change, any ideas?

bin them ,we live in a consumerist society and the more money we waste on new products the better
i believe rums on holiday

i have got a selection in van but i just keep holding on to them gonna end up with garage full of old fuseboards at this rate.

i read the other day that most people keep a few quids worth of junk in the garage and park their multi grand car on the drive:confused::confused::confused:
got some junk in my garage if you want it?

Exactly what i do mainly because once in my garage getting out of the car is a nightmare.

I used to keep almost every mcb I removed but found that I ended up with loads. Now I have just a few on a DIN rail screwed to the back door of the van (inside). As for the old boards, take the busbar out for the tat box and bin the rest.

No im an apprentice at the moment we are putting in new electrics for new kitchens and bathrooms so installing new kitchen ring , cooker, shower, lighting and shed supply so all of the fuse boards are too small. So on the finals i am changing fuse board second fixing kichen and bathroom and doing a full electrical test. One bloke is going round 1st fixing then im following him round couple of days later.

marc,
no disrespect ,but a 4th year apprentice testing? i say this assuming you dont have 2391 ,but assume you know how to test(good on you)
you're covering a lot for a fourth year

Well when you have a part in doing at least one test a day for three years i think i have enough experience to test, we have to follow out full test fault find etc on a board in the yard infront of the boss befor he will let us do it.

I am changing at least one cu a day at the moment buliding up a selection of mem, square d, wylex, fuse boards/ mcbs dont really know what to do with them as 90% are no good for a c u change, any ideas?

I keep everything. Tight arsed Yorkshireman you see. Old DB's are ideal for flogging to equally tight arsed farmers for cow sheds etc. Or indeed flogging to anyone, if you think you can get away with it !

As a haulage contractor mate of mine once said to the dept of transport inspector when told to scrap a trailer, 'Do you mind, We scrap nothing here. Everything is recycleable'

Money saved is money you dont have to earn !

Here endeth the lesson.

Reply to old mcbs in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock