Discuss Old test equipment, from when Pete was a boy! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Not electrical but radio. This simple signal generator needs some work, but is still incredibly accurate. It is clear a lot of work has been put into the design. My modern Keysight is very clever but far less interesting to look at inside. I have a few other sig gens with some rather fancy tropicalised components.
Old test equipment, from when Pete was a boy! avo sg f - EletriciansForums.net Old test equipment, from when Pete was a boy! avo sg b - EletriciansForums.net

Where you moving to, Streamer? My village isn’t big enough for two sparks!

Chuck the meter. The little wooden box will be great for sandwiches.

That is far too modern for Pete, something like this I believe he used........

View attachment 48068
nah, this is pete's head lamp:
Old test equipment, from when Pete was a boy! {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Chuck the meter. The little wooden box will be great for sandwiches.
As said earlier - philistine ;)
Love these old test meters and similar calculators, slide rules et-cetra. I'm after one of these but prices are rapidly passing that of a new Megger A NICE CURTA I CALCULATOR IN A VERY GOOD CONDITION | eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-NICE-CURTA-I-CALCULATOR-IN-A-VERY-GOOD-CONDITION/303050404546?hash=item468f3632c2:g:mhcAAOSwv0tVWLOf:rk:5:pf:1&frcectupt=true

As said earlier - philistine ;)
Love these old test meters and similar calculators, slide rules et-cetra. I'm after one of these but prices are rapidly passing that of a new Megger A NICE CURTA I CALCULATOR IN A VERY GOOD CONDITION | eBay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-NICE-CURTA-I-CALCULATOR-IN-A-VERY-GOOD-CONDITION/303050404546?hash=item468f3632c2:g:mhcAAOSwv0tVWLOf:rk:5:pf:1&frcectupt=true
pencil and a set of log tables are cheaper.

pencil and a set of log tables are cheaper.
...and do wonders for the understanding of maths. I sat in college with lads of all ages who just could not get their head around Ohm's Law. Could not manipulate or re-arrange it after a year of using it. Fortunately, dad was a spark and they got well paid jobs for which I carry no bitterness what soever ;)

I'm in the process of moving house and came across this today. Somebody gave it to me from a house clearance a few years ago, thought it might be of interest.View attachment 48042
I like the Dynomometer
I'm in the process of moving house and came across this today. Somebody gave it to me from a house clearance a few years ago, thought it might be of interest.View attachment 48042
I like the Dynamometer
I like the Dynamometer, can be a very useful piece of kit if you want to measure the true power consumption of something that has a non unity power factor. I have used one in the past when checking the power consumption of one of my designs.

Reply to Old test equipment, from when Pete was a boy! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock