old

Discuss old in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

ESP

We have 3 customers who sent their FiT forms on Thursday to Scottish Power by Royal Mail Special Delivery. None of them arrived until Today (Mon) and Scottish Power are saying tough luck on the 2nd March deadline. Does anyone else have other instances of this happening either with Scottish Power or any other Electric conpant. I am trying to find out if Scottish Power are at fault or Royal Mail and if I am the only affected installer.

Re: Problem with Royal Mail special delivery

is the special delivery guaranteed next day, did you get the right one?

Also if no one was there to sign for them I suppose RM arent at fault.

Special Delivery should be guaranteed delivery next day by 1300, unless in the highlands where 1730 applies, or the outer islands where some are 3 days for delivery. See Royal Mail link below: Special Delivery

I sent my FiT paperwork to Scottish Power (Glasgow G44) a few months ago.

Since I wasn't in a desperate hurry to meet a deadline, I used Royal Mail First Class Recorded Signed For, for the application(cost £1.52). I was a little surprised that it took two working days to arrive.

No matter, since I had plenty of time.

Then I waited for the reply. It took about a month (not too bad, given their busy workload since autumn). Their reply included a contract for me to sign, which said that the contract needed to be back within seven days of the date on the letter. Unfortunately, due to a delay in getting to me (like the delay for my application getting to them?) I had only one day to get the signed contract back to them.
In view of apparent delays in the postal service, I used Royal Mail Special Delivery (next day before 1pm) which (cost £5.45).

The Special Delivery arrived around 10am the next day - comfortably meeting the "before 1pm" promise.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

"We deliver most items the next working day by 1pm on Mondays to Fridays" - Royal Mail

That'll be their get out clause!!

Yes the Royal Snail's website says:

".....We aim to deliver your First Class Recorded item the next working day, or within three days if you use Second Class. For guaranteed next day delivery or for valuable items (e.g. cash, jewellery, tickets & vouchers), please use Special Delivery™ 9.00am or Special Delivery™ Next Day ......"

It might be worthwhile finding out which postal service was used.

My First Class Recorded application had a "AI" prefix on the tracking code. It took two working days to arrive.
My Special Delivery returned signed contract had a "ZW" prefix on the tracking code. It arrived the next morning.

The contract which I had to return in a hurry was sent to me from Scottish Power by second class. It took five working days to get from Glasgow to East Anglia.

Last edited by a moderator:

is the special delivery guaranteed next day, did you get the right one?

Also if no one was there to sign for them I suppose RM arent at fault.

All our paperwork is correct - they just did not deliver it in time

My question is - Am I the only one with this problem, as we did everything right, or are there other people with the same problem.

My question is - Am I the only one with this problem, as we did everything right, or are there other people with the same problem.

Are you certain that the customers sent the applications by Special Delivery (£5.50), rather than skimp on the cost of postage and use First Class Signed-For (£1.50).
Ask them for the tracking number; the prefix and Royal Mail website will tell you exactly which delivery method was used.

Yes everything was correct (we did one ourselves).

I have now chased the problem down to Royal Mail flights being delayed due to bad weather - Scottish Power have confirmed that they are now going to accept Special Delivery FiT forms received today!

I am not sure if this affects any other companies - I would check guys!

I have now chased the problem down to Royal Mail flights being delayed due to bad weather - Scottish Power have confirmed that they are now going to accept Special Delivery FiT forms received today!

Wiping that sweat off the bum cheeks now :p

Royal Mail IT systems went down on Thursday afternoon - nothing was working for most of the day, it probably got stuck in the mess of sorting the backlog out. I wondered if anyone had been caught out.

I wont ever trust Royal Mail with anything as important again due to EDF still waiting for my application in December deadline rush.Just aswell we had the thought of emailing too.

ESP ..... I have read your message with great interest ... could we speak offline ... my email address is [email protected] or text me on 07890 556070

I hope to hear from you soon

Many thanks
Chris

Reply to old in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net