Currently reading:
Optismart not reading meter

Discuss Optismart not reading meter in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lovelldr

Hi guys

I ordered and received optismart for monitoring my solar generation. Got it all connected, and all seems fine to a point, but it just will not read the solar meter?!

When connected to the electric meter, I can see the red pulse light showing fine. However, connecting it to the pv meter, there is no red light showing at all through the sensor?! The electric meter is an amply 5235a meter, and the solar is a l&g 5235b meter. I wouldn't think the meter is the problem, as I know a someone who has the 5235b meter, and it's reading the solar fine for him?!

I wouldn't think it's the optismart/sensor, as it shows the light fine through the electric meter. But putting it over the solar meter just gives no light at all, and no readings?!

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be?! Could it be a problem with the light on the meter itself? I am wondering whether, if the red pulse light is not 100% flush with the plastic, then the optismart cannot read the meter properly?! Is this possible?

Thanks a lot in advance, and look forward to any suggestions of things to try to get this working

Many thanks,

David

Reply to Optismart not reading meter in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock