Discuss Outdoor LED Floodlight in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've put up a LED floodlight bought from Costco twice now. It replaced a old halogen type floodlight that was already wired in.

Both times it has worked fine for about the first 3 days. After this both times the PIR sensor has stopped working, so when there is power to the light it stays on all the time.

I've tried turning the power on and off rapidly a few times as per the instruction manual in case a power cut had placed it on the permanently on setting but no luck.

Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated as I dont think exchanging for a 3rd time will help on its own.

Outdoor LED Floodlight 20190901_131319 - EletriciansForums.net

Outdoor LED Floodlight 20190901_131150 - EletriciansForums.net

Outdoor LED Floodlight 20190901_131241 - EletriciansForums.net

Outdoor LED Floodlight 20190901_131253 - EletriciansForums.net

you could do with the cables protecting with some trunking just in case the frying pan might hit it adjusting the pir with the sensors under the body of it. the begging question have you wired it up right in the pir .

you could do with the cables protecting with some trunking just in case the frying pan might hit it adjusting the pir with the sensors under the body of it. the begging question have you wired it up right in the pir .

Thanks for the advice...appreciate it!

love the dog's hind leg in that cable. it's just reminded me that little Misia (the small Chihuahua in my avatar for them that don't know) is going in for a knee op. :p :p

Presuming its wired correctly, and no offence intended, but it may be an issue with the quality of the fitting. Try local wholesalers for a better one

Reply to Outdoor LED Floodlight in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock