Discuss Outdoor TV antenna grounding question in the USA area at ElectriciansForums.net

Next? Thats easy!

Turning this planter into a chicken condo! And that story is more entertaining than eva gabor channel !

Here is the short version.
I have a spoiled rotton chicken (a sicialan buttercup) in a dog cage in my living room and she cant go back in the coop as 30 other birds wont let her. I tried several times to return he to the flock and they peck her unmercifully. So my wife ordered me to build her her own coop. And this my sound like an exaggeration but when you go to the fridge she jumps up and down like a begging puppy for corn. She goes nuts as soon as you open the door. My next project is getting her back outside in her own chicken condo.

Hey you asked !

View attachment 53133View attachment 53132
[automerge]1570925585[/automerge]

View attachment 53132

Well an update and some potentially GREAT news

First i received my ground bolts and got both the mast and coaxial grounded. After reading how lightning does not like 90 degree turns i shortened the copper wire to make it a straight path.

Lightning will be a factor here storms are wicked and gulf fed.

I filled in the hole and its a done deal.

Moving on...

I habe been up on the tower several times trying to get the perfect signal with digital compass. I still coult not get wjfb channel 44 with MEtv and eva gabor.

I can pick up signals from every tower up there some as far as 80 + miles but cant get channel 44.

Last night doing some research into "fcc repack" i found some hopeful information.

Channel 44 is currently operating on a "low power transmitter" temporarily until this friday oct 18 when its transition is complete.

This friday the move should be complete and channel broadcasted over channel 25 at full power (950kw) whatever that means. The good news is i get channel 25 and its a religious channel and this friday it switches over to wjfb whicj has 6 channels coming with it. Example
Etc

So this is what iunderstand from reading fcc stuff regarding this channel. And this explains why my antenna cant currently tune it in as its on low power mode until friday.

Fingers crossed

20191015_114550.jpg20191015_114905.jpg

Well an update and some potentially GREAT news

First i received my ground bolts and got both the mast and coaxial grounded. After reading how lightning does not like 90 degree turns i shortened the copper wire to make it a straight path.

Lightning will be a factor here storms are wicked and gulf fed.

I filled in the hole and its a done deal.

Moving on...

I habe been up on the tower several times trying to get the perfect signal with digital compass. I still coult not get wjfb channel 44 with MEtv and eva gabor.

I can pick up signals from every tower up there some as far as 80 + miles but cant get channel 44.

Last night doing some research into "fcc repack" i found some hopeful information.

Channel 44 is currently operating on a "low power transmitter" temporarily until this friday oct 18 when its transition is complete.

This friday the move should be complete and channel broadcasted over channel 25 at full power (950kw) whatever that means. The good news is i get channel 25 and its a religious channel and this friday it switches over to wjfb whicj has 6 channels coming with it. Example
Etc

So this is what iunderstand from reading fcc stuff regarding this channel. And this explains why my antenna cant currently tune it in as its on low power mode until friday.

Fingers crossed

View attachment 53202View attachment 53203
We are proud of you and good luck

Just installed a distribution amp inside and ran the antenna to the bedroom. That was the worst reception in the house being on the wrong side for an indoor antenna to get reception. Was worried about loosing reception running more coaxial but thats what the amp is for.

Got all the same channels in bedroom despite more coaxial.

Friday I will do a rescan and hopefully my favorite channel will appear. Fingers crossed

20191015_125202.jpg20191015_125217.jpg

Just installed a distribution amp inside and ran the antenna to the bedroom. That was the worst reception in the house being on the wrong side for an indoor antenna to get reception. Was worried about loosing reception running more coaxial but thats what the amp is for.

Got all the same channels in bedroom despite more coaxial.

Friday I will do a rescan and hopefully my favorite channel will appear. Fingers crossed

View attachment 53206View attachment 53207
As hard as you have worked you deserve all channels including HBO,CINAMAX etc good job

Great work Joe ! I'm sure nobody will notice the nails you've used to hold that amp on the wall.

Oh ! btw... did you know that here in the UK we can get the boxed set of all Green Acres episodes for less than £60... just saying...

Great work Joe ! I'm sure nobody will notice the nails you've used to hold that amp on the wall.

Oh ! btw... did you know that here in the UK we can get the boxed set of all Green Acres episodes for less than £60... just saying...

Lol the nails are tiny picture nails and the amp is mounted behind a 55" tv, the amp came with 2 big lag bolts that I didnt want to screw into the wall for the purpose of the little amp.

Nobody can see the amp unless you move the tv. The picture nails just keep it out if sight and hidden.

It's not just green acres its the whole channel im after. Should have it friday we shall see!!

Lol the nails are tiny picture nails and the amp is mounted behind a 55" tv, the amp came with 2 big lag bolts that I didnt want to screw into the wall for the purpose of the little amp.

Nobody can see the amp unless you move the tv. The picture nails just keep it out if sight and hidden.

It's not just green acres its the whole channel im after. Should have it friday we shall see!!
Joe yup are doing great and don’t let these guys get to you their just picking LOL

Great news!!

Today was FCC repack day and the day to rescan the tv. The eva gabor channel MEtv as of 30 mins ago (just in time for green acres) finally comes in crystal clear!

Almost 50 channels and the best was saved for last !! Now all the hard work paid off! Finally! Eva Gabor !! My wife is thrilled. But not as thrilled as me!!

I believe that if more ppl knew what was transmitting for free over the air nobody would pay for cable. You wouldnt believe all the channels we get and most are channels i previously paid for with direct tv!

Anyhow thanks for all your help and advice with the grounding rod.

20191018_204508.jpg

Attachments

• 20191018_204351.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 7
Great news!!

Today was FCC repack day and the day to rescan the tv. The eva gabor channel MEtv as of 30 mins ago (just in time for green acres) finally comes in crystal clear!

Almost 50 channels and the best was saved for last !! Now all the hard work paid off! Finally! Eva Gabor !! My wife is thrilled. But not as thrilled as me!!

I believe that if more ppl knew what was transmitting for free over the air nobody would pay for cable. You wouldnt believe all the channels we get and most are channels i previously paid for with direct tv!

View attachment 53245
Great news!!

View attachment 53245
Great news Joe that makes me want to try the same thing. I hope You and your wife enjoy all them channels and you beat the system congratulations

Great news Joe that makes me want to try the same thing. I hope You and your wife enjoy all them channels and you beat the system congratulations

If you decide to "cut the cord" trust me and use channel master. Most of the antennas on the market are junk. I learned this the hard way. Outdoor antennas are always better than indoor antennas. You can see how close you are to your local transmission towers at tvfool.com or antennaweb.

Sorry, looked at your post late. Did you think about using 'free to air' satellite TV? In the UK we have FREESAT which just requires a dish to point in the right direction at the satellite and a decoder box between it and the TV. Just a thought. And there is also Sat TV one subscribes to such as Sky which has a decoder and recorder - in our case to record up to 4 channels at the same time.

Sorry, looked at your post late. Did you think about using 'free to air' satellite TV? In the UK we have FREESAT which just requires a dish to point in the right direction at the satellite and a decoder box between it and the TV. Just a thought. And there is also Sat TV one subscribes to such as Sky which has a decoder and recorder - in our case to record up to 4 channels at the same time.
@marconi he lives whey out in the country and he had satellite tv before he moved. He wanted to quit paying for tv so he took on this project and worked his butt off and was so proud when he got his favorite tv shows again.

Reply to Outdoor TV antenna grounding question in the USA area at ElectriciansForums.net