• IMPORTANT: The thread you're reading / posting in, could be in a DIY electrical advice area. Please be aware of your local laws. You're not allowed to provide advice to, or seek advice from, DIYers and fellow professionals in some States, Countries, Countys etc with regards to some types of electrical installations or repairs. Keep that in mind. If it's against the law where you are - always get a professional electrician in to carry out the works instead of doing it yourself. The forum will not be held responsible for any outcome of any applications of any advice sought from it.
Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Oven elements help!! in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Is it possible to run 2 oven elements (under 3kw total output) on the one 13amp plug??

I want to create a powder coating oven made from a small metal office cabinet, however every double oven i can find is rated way above the 3kw max rated for a 13amp supply, therefore i wanted to see if i could use one 1500w element, and then buy another and just simply attach it to the existing wiring, or am i being silly?? I havent tried it but i doubt just 1 element will be able to keep the heat at 200°c in a large space.

Or if anyone else knows of a way to get around this then please post below!

Charlie_

-
Arms
You must be logged in to see the message.

Charlie_

-
Arms

B

Bobster

B

Bobster

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Reply to Oven elements help!! in the Electrical Appliances Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
Top Bottom