Discuss Passed Part P assesment in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I did my Napit assesment a few weeks ago, pretty straight forward, did safe isolation and the usually ZE, PFC tests.
Some of the questions I got asked were..

Max Ze for TNC-S, TT, TNS

The inspector looked at my work did a few tests the asked me talk him through R1+R2 on a ring then gave me a scenario of R1+R2 dodgy reading and asked me to explain what they meant.

The inspector then asked me to jot down on a bit of paper the formulas on how to work out volt drop from a R1+Rn reading pn a ring if the circuit was running at full load and operating at 70c

Also asked Maxium disconnection times on for RCDs on both 1x and 5x then asked about 1x on the Old BS RCDs.

I'm also interested what Stroma asked.

Okay, who ordered too much Chinese last night? The mods are going to have to chuck most of it in the bin. :)

I suppose your a proper electrician. And your head and shoulders above all the house bashers out there. Well done mate
Well done chap. Ignore the negative reply above, there's always going to be people who try to make something bad out of something good as that somehow (in their head) makes them feel better :confused:.

Now you have to do it every year! :D

Don't think he uses head & shoulders, by the looks of things. I wouldn't worry about these industrial types, they leave all the rumpty tumpty domestic stuff, to us lessor electricians. :)
Don't think he uses head & shoulders, by the looks of things. I wouldn't worry about these industrial types, they leave all the rumpty tumpty domestic stuff, to us lessor electricians. :)
Isn't the definition of an Electrician: someone who works with Electricity, be it Domestic, Commercial or whatever, can't believe it has all changed to what type of stuff you work on, well I can really with all the different training courses, don't seem to be that many courses for Commercial or Industrial Electricians, just the emphasis, on DIs nowadays.

I suppose your a proper electrician. And your head and shoulders above all the house bashers out there. Well done mate

Didn't we have a 'proper electrician' asking us commoner house bashers some basic domestic cable routing questions the other day? ;)

Well done @swaley :)

Isn't the definition of an Electrician: someone who works with Electricity, be it Domestic, Commercial or whatever, can't believe it has all changed to what type of stuff you work on, well I can really with all the different training courses, don't seem to be that many courses for Commercial or Industrial Electricians, just the emphasis, on DIs nowadays.

I've been lucky enough, if you can call it that, to have worked in all those fields. I wouldn't say any of them are more challenging than the others. If you put any sparks (well most good ones) from one discipline into another, I think they would pick it up pretty quickly, as I did.

It's wherever the work takes you.

I've been lucky enough, if you can call it that, to have worked in all those fields. I wouldn't say any of them are more challenging than the others. If you put any sparks (well most good ones) from one discipline into another, I think they would pick it up pretty quickly, as I did.

It's wherever the work takes you.
I agree Mate whole heartedly, but calling yourself a Commercial, Domestic or whatever is in my books gemeaning, I will admit I know diddlysquat about Solar, and I'm glad my career is all but over, suppose you could accuse me of being immune to change, not in anyway against it, times and practices change an I dare say in 20 years time things will have changed beyond many of the younger Guys beliefs, wait until that happens before you have a go at me for being a Philistine.

I guess you can call yourself what you want.

As said I've done a cross section of work in my time, but now all I do is domestic work. I therefore would refer myself as a domestic electrician or an electrician who focuses on domestic work, i.e. I don't do industrial or commercial, so not to confuse potential customers who might ring me up to wire up their power station.

Its only a name.

I guess you can call yourself what you want.

As said I've done a cross section of work in my time, but now all I do is domestic work. I therefore would refer myself as a domestic electrician or an electrician who focuses on domestic work, i.e. I don't do industrial or commercial, so not to confuse potential customers who might ring me up to wire up their power station.

Its only a name.
No Mate Domestic Electrician is 2 words Electrician is 1 word, I know pedantic Pete, sorry just how I feel, nothing personal.

Last edited:

Reply to Passed Part P assesment in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock