Discuss Pat testing in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

N

Npt88

Hi all, Im new to this forum and just looking for abit of advice really.
I'm a time served electrician and have just picked up a few bits and bobs pat testing so I didn't want to spend big bucks on an all singing all dancing tester so I got a seaward pt 50. But only after Iv got it have I realised it only meggers on 500v.
Firstly
Is this going to be an issue?
Secondly
Can I make up a single socket with L and N linked onto one 4mm test socket and the earth to another and use my metral multifunction tester to perform the 250v if needs must?
Thanks

Hi all, Im new to this forum and just looking for abit of advice really.
I'm a time served electrician and have just picked up a few bits and bobs pat testing so I didn't want to spend big bucks on an all singing all dancing tester so I got a seaward pt 50. But only after Iv got it have I realised it only meggers on 500v.
Firstly
Is this going to be an issue?
Secondly
Can I make up a single socket with L and N linked onto one 4mm test socket and the earth to another and use my metral multifunction tester to perform the 250v if needs must?
Thanks

Nahh, 500v is fine on domestic ground. You need 1000v only for heavy industrial apps and 250v for IT.
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum I have just tooled up for pat did not want to but since I was doing repairs on rentals and felt if I was going to do it I was going to do it right total cost was £800 and I am on target to make it pay for itself in the first year but I wont do it full time or make a fortune but it now compliments the business so it a depends what your budget is and does it fit with your business

Well I'm currently working for a firm in a secure job but in the long run want to go off on my own. So the plan is to send cards out etc and do bits and bobs and pat testing just until I pick up enough work to warrant joining the likes of elecsa then make the switch over to work for myself.

Reply to Pat testing in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock