Discuss pay for supervisor. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

KNIPEX

well guys as the climate is really funny atm wanted to check with you lot first on this.

im on appov jib rates at the moment, however company isnt jib, but ive been promoted to supervisor, basically in charge of a couple of jobs sorting out the problems, doing the paperwork, ordering etc.

therfore im no longer on the tools.

do you think im entitiled to a payrise???

the reason i ask is with the way the credit crunch is dont want to seem like im after everything i can get.

however im no longer looking after one job but a number of others,

whats your views on this????

think i should ask for company car etc or is that pushing it. ( i do have company van)

how much is a supervisor on???

any help would be great.

thanks very much :)

I worked as a supervisor before going on my own. I got a nice new van, mobile phone and 14 per hour. However it was more of a foreman role looking after 1 large contract onsite.

Suppose it depends on the company but, sounds like your more of a project manager.

I think that 'If You are Doing Extra' you should be 'Paid Extra' nothing is for free in this world.

If you are free come and work for me........lol :)

An old but very true saying 'If You Don't Ask, You Don't Get' ask for the JIB supervisors rate?

http://www.jib.org.uk/publications/JIB552.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
...too right, you have more responsibility, more to go wrong, and you need compensaring as such. Any promotion of responsibility comes with a higher cost. good luck and congrats!

think im getting shat on!,i'm running a job at the same rate as those who arn't thats got to be wrong .....!!!:-{

that a lot of work you do mate, might be worth going into the office for a chat.

If it’s any help I am an electrical supervisor responsible for 30 sparks, covering 4 work faces. My roll includes de-commissioning, installation and commissioning of all electrical systems, as well as coordinating subcontractors, on a large commercial site. All this and more for just £1 an hour more than my sparks! You have to learn what you can and take it with you on your next job, And don’t forget, it all looks good on your CV!

In the current market i'm currently putting supervisors out at about £19-£20.00 ph (cis) paye equivelant would be about £16.50.

But as the others said - every company is different - you don't ask if you don't get, the larger the company the more chance that they have a much more ridgid pay scheme and won't budge of their normal rates.

i was supervisor on a site and they used to give me an extra hour a day on top of what i had done, booked on jib approved rate.that was in '99 though

Reply to pay for supervisor. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock