Discuss Pizza oven problem. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

highspark

I do work for a kebab house whenever his electrics play up. However he also rings me when his machines break down. This is not something I'm knowledgable about unless there's something obvious.

He has a problem with the bottom pizza oven of a dual unit. Basically after the oven has been on for a couple of hours it goes off (no temperature light and elements stop working). He also says he can smell a sort of plastic burning.

Now I've attended opened up the oven and can't see any heat/fire damage to any of the cables at all. I have tested the supply cable which is in good shape. I did notice the supply cable was slightly warm but presume this is normal with a high powered appliance.

The he top oven and bottom oven have desperate 6mm 32amp feeds I should add. Top oven remains on throughout.

The oven will them come back on after being left for half an hour or so with no burning smell.

The only thing I can think of is either one or both of the thermostats are playing up...

but why the burning smell? Any help appreciated.

is there an auto reset thermal overload?

is there an auto reset thermal overload?

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what that will look like, not sure it has one....

basically it it has two thermostats per oven presumably for 2 elements. One above one below. All I can see from inside the unit is 2 thermostats 2 lamps for temperature and a gauge.

time to get your meter out. see where the supply gets to . if you can, swap the stats over. if the fault then transfers to the other element, then it's the stat.

Problem is both stats go out and also both temperature lights go out to. It's as though the supply is failing but I can't see any obvious deteriation of any cables.

I have never seen a pizza oven with two supplies (but I don't get out much ) . Have you checked the supply end? also is it controlled by a contactor , usually behind one of the side panels. Take aways are usually a great source of mis-information so don't take for gospel what you have been told. Bad connection or stats as has been said .

It's a supply for each oven which are built into the same unit. It's definitely required as there are to desperate supply cables provided by the manufacturer.

Sounds similar to a fault I had on a shower recently the pull cord shower switch was faulty and disconnected the supply after the shower was used for a few minutes left for 15 minutes and it would work again

What testing have you done? (To oven and supply)
Have you checked the isolator for the oven isn't burning out or any connection points for that matter?
Is this a cheap oven with a simple LCD temperature controller or has this oven got PID controlled temperature monitoring?
Is there an over temp' thermal switch (as has been asked above)?

Hope you can list the testing and results you have done so we can eliminate possible causes or do we have another poster who hasn't even got the meter(s) out before asking questions... been alot of that a lately for some reason! not saying this is the case here but lacking so much info for a good response.

Reply to Pizza oven problem. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net