Discuss PME supply query (and bulk out the title) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been surveying 12 blocks of flats today with a view to doing full eicr's on the lateral mains and landlord lighting supplies. All the main services terminate at a Henly distribution board with no cut-out or main fuses. See pic, I've done very little on pme supplies and wonder if this is the norm? Appreciate your input. Bill
IMG_5677.JPG

to me billsays it pme system .but looking at the picture where are the fuse boards!

Hi Buzz, This is in an intake cupboard at the bottom of each block. Inside the grey Henly distribution board are fuses. Then a lateral main to each flat with another fuse/cutout beside each meter.
IMG_5671.JPG IMG_5681.JPG

(On the first photo in my original post ignore the meter thats just a builders supply thats been put in)

Is the cutout and mainfuse in the shaped compartment under the Henley dist board? You've the cover off of the flats supplies but the incomer goes to that shaped box.

Is the cutout and mainfuse in the shaped compartment under the Henley dist board? You've the cover off of the flats supplies but the incomer goes to that shaped box.

I had a look in there and it's just a spreader box. Didn't take a photo though.
The set up is the same for the whole estate, I've not come across it before.

Much as I love electric cupboards I haven't seen enough set ups to comment any more. There'll be plenty experience along in a moment, you'll have it sorted by pudding time. All the best

That isn't an uncommon set up there maybe a combined neutral/earth bar within to facilitate the TN-C-S.

That isn't an uncommon set up there maybe a combined neutral/earth bar within to facilitate the TN-C-S.

It's definitely a PME supply,
This cluster**** is the combined N&E connections and the line connections for the lower two banks of fuses.
IMG_5682.JPG
but it was the lack of single point of isolation/main fuses that struck me as odd.

Reply to PME supply query (and bulk out the title) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net