Discuss police car driving without mot in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Loki

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity i decided to put a police car reg in online to see what cc is 1.6 fine. then thought id check mot history (im an ex mechanic yes sad lol)
found this: naughty lol

police car driving without mot Screenshot_20190416-111958_Chrome - EletriciansForums.net

(unless its protected data ..only a guess)
--Parked near an army base ... got moved on once--
..What missiles..

It was meant to have its first mot in January 2018 so just a bit out lol.

Should of tought about doing a citizens arrest or giving him a warning lol

crown service cars such as police, military, civil service cars such ministers etc have a crown immunity. in essence they are maintained to exactly same if not higher standard in the PMs case as a normal MOT but do not need to actually have the standard test. same with vehicle tax for the crown cars. in terms of insurance they usually have a group policy or self insure, most bus companies put several hundred grand, if not a million or so in a bond with the transport secretary to cover any liabilities should they not be able to pay them. they may still have a limited insurance. found this out when in the forces. If i am not mistaken if you deposit 500k with the secretary then you dont need an actual insurance policy. but only of benefit to big companies.

Load of balls.

Public service bodies are risk adverse; frightened that bods like OP will shop 'em to the nearest Daily Mail. So although they are exempt, they will insure, tax (use to have tax disc with £00.00) and MOT (not sure on that exemption?) etc etc. Suspect its been MOT'd, just glitch in system. Don't know many 3 year old cop cars on the road in any case; ship 'em off before they reach 100k miles.

crown service cars such as police, military, civil service cars such ministers etc have a crown immunity. in essence they are maintained to exactly same if not higher standard in the PMs case as a normal MOT but do not need to actually have the standard test. same with vehicle tax for the crown cars. in terms of insurance they usually have a group policy or self insure, most bus companies put several hundred grand, if not a million or so in a bond with the transport secretary to cover any liabilities should they not be able to pay them. they may still have a limited insurance. found this out when in the forces. If i am not mistaken if you deposit 500k with the secretary then you dont need an actual insurance policy. but only of benefit to big companies.
No such thing as Crown Immunity anymore.

But as you have mentioned, they maintain and inspect their vehicles to a stricter and more frequent regime than the MOT system for the general public.

One of my jobs in a green skin was light vehicle inspections that were very similar to the current MOT system but if faults were identified the vehicle, as a general rule, was taken off the road until repaired. Even down to a tail light not working or incorrect tyre pressures.

But as you have mentioned, they maintain and inspect their vehicles to a stricter and more frequent regime than the MOT system for the general public.

One of my jobs in a green skin was light vehicle inspections that were very similar to the current MOT system but if faults were identified the vehicle, as a general rule, was taken off the road until repaired. Even down to a tail light not working or incorrect tyre pressures.
Wasnt sure on name of it. But you are correct about the military vehicles. They were maintained very well.

What I always found weird, is if you needed a new tyre, you just pulled one out of stores and changed it.
If you needed a new spark plug, you had to put in a requisition form, and wait weeks or even months for it to be approved.

Wasnt sure on name of it. But you are correct about the military vehicles. They were maintained very well.
Over maintained. The amount of oil that used to be wasted when a truck required an oil change every six months but only did 1/2 a mile to the servicing bay and back.

I would hazard a guess,that the vehicle was due an MOT,as exemptions are put in place at first registration,if applicable.

I know that some of their older vehicles were tested,as i have been involved directly,with that. There are also other exemptions,which companies or entities chose not to use,due to test-case worries.
Sometimes,it is easier and more straightforward,to follow the standards set,for most other plant and vehicles

I think your wrong there; Crown Vehicles are exempt from paying road tax, and are not required normal road insurance. A bond can be deposited with some government body.

Before tax discs went, cop cars would have a tax disc displayed with a £00 value. My police forces has vehicle insurance, as I’m led to believe its more economical for operational purposes.

I think your wrong there; Crown Vehicles are exempt from paying road tax, and are not required normal road insurance. A bond can be deposited with some government body.

Before tax discs went, cop cars would have a tax disc displayed with a £00 value. My police forces has vehicle insurance, as I’m led to believe its more economical for operational purposes.
Crown Immunity and Crown Exemption are two different things.

Reply to police car driving without mot in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock