Search the forum,

Discuss Pool Breaker Tripping in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The replacement breaker wasn't a gfci it's just a double pole 50A breaker. I'm not sure the pool company said they started to swap out the gfci breaker for the heat pump as they were seeing them start to trip. I'm confused also as how the other breaker was tripping. The only thing I can see is that the ground wire for the pump goes to the heat pump which then goes back to the main panel. Maybe there is a relation there. It's been running for about 4 hours now.

Can't see how the ground wire has influenced the tripping nor can I see how changing the heater breaker stopped the pump breaker tripping. Whether they should have replaced the gfci with a normal breaker @Megawatt is more likely to know as he is based in the States.

Sounds to me like there's some linkage between the two breakers going on there.

The 20A breaker trips roughly about an hour an half after the heat pump has been turned on and running
Cannon if your breaker is getting warm, it is pulling more amperage than it is designed for. If it runs for an hour and one half it’s not a fault tripping issue. No Matter what your electrician tells you are pulling too much amperage. Try a 30 amp breaker just to proof a point. Feel the wire to see if it’s getting warm also. You need # 10 wire.

Update: I ran everything overnight and no issue. About 11:30am the pool pump breaker tripped. At that time the pool vacuum was running with the pool pump on the same 20A breaker. I'm waiting to hear the next steps from the pool company. I would like them to put the pool vacuum on a separate breaker. Hopefully we are getting closer to resolve this. Appreciate the help.

Reply to Pool Breaker Tripping in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock