Discuss Portable dis board testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Liberator

Hi Guys,

have a pat job coming up and there are a bunch of mobile dissy boards for generators that need testing, they are used for gigs, powering outdoor marquee equipment etc,

I have a spark working for me with his 2391 qualification but would like your advice on how these should be tested and how frequently.

Various boards contain:

mcb's
rcd's
rcbo's

and then there are variable ones, with small dials or dip switches, I'm not even sure what the switches vary - is it the trip current??

Also, what equipment would you use to test the trip times? The clients own spark said you test for example a 30mA at 0.5x, 1x, then 5x the 30mA trip rating.

I basically need an entire walk through on what to do so that I can advice my sparky and make sure he is doing the work correctly... Also need to purchase/hire the relevant test equipment.

Thanks in advance,

Liberator.

any distribution equipment should be secure as to not get damaged in the event of it being banged etc i would only be happy for such distribution equipment be rack mountable and flight cased with industrial connectors instea of sockets ,so that no damage can occour whilst being transported ,ive seen on so many occasions a CDU and sockets screwed to a piece of wood and cable tied to a maquee post not what id call safe

Your spark should know what to do , as you would when you carry out a normal inspection should be inspected every time its installed into another venue maquee

They are all commando sockets, some unit blue 230v, others red 400v 63A and 125A.

I did notice some normal dissy boards nailed to a piece of wood and they said that they used to hang them up, but the majority if the units looked properly manufactured for mobile use.

Even tho my spark should know, I'd like to know myself so I'm confident in the methods he will be using.

Does he also need to issue a certificate with the tests?

Reply to Portable dis board testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net