Discuss Position of the Main switch debate. in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have been having a discussion on site recently :

In an industrial situation, in the main intake room which contains the metering equipment, there is a, 60947-3 switch fuse. This feeds a section board complete with MCCB's, which in turn feeds 10 sub boards dotted around the place.

When completing an EIC, for a newly installed circuit, fed from one of the sub boards, whichbl is fed from the section board, which is fed from the switch fuse, which point of isolation are you inclined to put as the "main switch/fuse/rcd" on the test certificate?

I argue it's the switch fuse in the intake room, someone else says the main switch of the DB from which the new circuit originates from.

I put the sub main DB mainswitch. Rightly or wrongly.

I treat it as the main switch of the distribution point of final circuits that I’m working on.
A lot of this trade is interpretation mate, it's good to hear others opinions.

On the cert, the section around the "main switch" heading, all the information is relating to the intake position, main earthing/bonding sizes, means of earthing etc. That's how I get to putting the isolator at the main intake position.

Reply to Position of the Main switch debate. in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

When doing an EIC for an additional circuit (which only covers that circuit), does the 'main switch/switch-fuse/circuit-breaker/RCD' section refer...
Replies
Views
I have been asked to change cu from old fuse board which has 6 fuses. Only 4 fuses are used. The first fuse feeds cooker circuit. This is not used...
Replies
Views
Been asked to move, remove and add some sockets the kitchen and I’ll need to add a circuit for an electric hob. Looked at the board and it’s one...
Replies
Views
I had an interesting little job this morning. Three sockets in an extension were not working and haven't worked for quite some time (years). It...
Replies
Views
Hi and thankyou for reading this. I have an issue where my lights in my camper (12v LED) contain their own switch which is reset every time i use...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock