Discuss Power dissipation,...? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

MrSkipsey

If the voltage was 50v and the resistance was 0.5 ohms what would the answer be?

a) 5KW
b) 50KW
c) 0.05KW
d) 500W

Ive been putting down an answer on on online test practise thing that I have and I think its telling me an incorrect right answer!?!?!?!?!?

also, can someone confirm the correct formulae for Power Dissipation? I think that it has that wrong too!:eek::confused:

Cheers,
Mike.

If the voltage was 50v and the resistance was 0.5 ohms what would the answer be?

a) 5KW
b) 50KW
c) 0.05KW
d) 500W

Ive been putting down an answer on on online test practise thing that I have and I think its telling me an incorrect right answer!?!?!?!?!?

also, can someone confirm the correct formulae for Power Dissipation? I think that it has that wrong too!:eek::confused:

Cheers,
Mike.

Hi
I make it 5kw ,first find the current (using ohms law) and then multiply the current by the voltage.
i think thats the way to do it.but will happily stand corrected if anyone else has a different answer or way of doing it :)

hi i make it 5000 too
p=vi
i=v/r
therefore p=v sq over r ,i think thats right
formula for power dissapation ? please explain further

I made it 5KW too.
Basically I purchased some online practice and test guide. Each unit costs £14.99. (202 & 203)
The programme, when used in test conditions gives the correct answer as d) 500W.

This brings into question the accuracy of the material purchased and makes it unusable as a revision aid.

I have emailed the company involved asking for my money back as it is unreliable and has now jepodised my exam results - 202 next Tues and 203 Tues after.

I have also asked for it to be taken off the internet and being advertised for sale.

I will not name the company on a public forum (as I have seen it advertised in peoples sigs - which is why I purchased it) but if you have any worries then email me and Ill let you know if you have the same programme. We all deserve a fighting chance in our exams and this makes things worse.

I dont know whats correct and what isnt. Things I thought I knew, such as this, may have been jepordised by this programme telling me otherwise.

If I get any questions in my exam that are in the revision guide how am I supposed to know the right answer as I have now doubted myself over the whole course and what I know.

As I said, I have emailed the company yesterday and as yet have had no reply.

Hi
Thats very interesting dont name the company ,they might try and sue you.or worse

i would ask them for a little bit of hush money ,find out all you can about the directors ,if they have any ,but be carefull. dont want you to get paid off with a bullet.

best of luck ,happy returns

Its not so much about hush money. It sif anyone else buys the material and takes it as gospel that its 100% correct.
The GOLA exams are made up of 30 questions. Out of which you have to obtain 18 correct answers to get a 60% pass rate.

Say you get 17 right answers during the exam and the last question is this and youve been using this revision material and its telling you the answer is 500W then thats what you will put. Not knowing that this is the incorrect answer.

Making your result a fail.

Not nice to hear. Especailly if you have paid for the revision guide too!

Where do I stand about naming the company?
I emailed them Sunday afternoon and ahve yet to get a response.

Im going to send them another email at the close of play today - giving them 3 days to answer the first email.
In the 2nd email I shall ask for a responce by Friday or Ill aproach my bank in regards to getting a refund.

If I still havent heard anything by Friday am a allowed to name them on a public forum?

Its not so much about hush money. It sif anyone else buys the material and takes it as gospel that its 100% correct.
The GOLA exams are made up of 30 questions. Out of which you have to obtain 18 correct answers to get a 60% pass rate.

Say you get 17 right answers during the exam and the last question is this and youve been using this revision material and its telling you the answer is 500W then thats what you will put. Not knowing that this is the incorrect answer.

Making your result a fail.

Not nice to hear. Especailly if you have paid for the revision guide too!

it is not 17 right answers, you have to get at least 33% in each section as well (there are 8)

you could get 100% in some 0% in one and fail the exaM WITH A 90% average:p

Where do I stand about naming the company?
I emailed them Sunday afternoon and ahve yet to get a response.

Im going to send them another email at the close of play today - giving them 3 days to answer the first email.
In the 2nd email I shall ask for a responce by Friday or Ill aproach my bank in regards to getting a refund.

If I still havent heard anything by Friday am a allowed to name them on a public forum?

Ask them for a reply within 5 days if not tell them your going to the Trading Standards :eek: see how quick they reply then.

Reply to Power dissipation,...? in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock