Discuss powersuit software in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi, I used the 16th edition Powersuite on-site software and it was good, if not very user friendly. I had it to use with a megger 1553 and thought the bluetooth from megger to laptop would be good, but never actually used it - too difficult to set up and ended up editing the certificates manually in the end. In that respect it is an expensive piece of software - produces nice certs, but you can get the same effect from a £12.99 package on ebay. If your buying the package as a bundle with a megger then yes - as a stand alone piece of software then I wouldn't pay the price.

thanks lads that's helped me to decide if I'm doing the right thing. I'just bought a megger 1553 onsite from eBay for 440 quid. I've got a macro test 50 35 but I've had to repair it once already and it's gone ---- up again. I did not want to throw good money after bad twice. Repairs are costing about 180-220 each time.

Bought my 1553 from Test4Less in Stockton on Tees about a year ago. (I think I paid £550) Came with the 16th ed powersuite on site and as I said before, never used the bluetooth facility, just filled in certs manually. The cost of replacing 17th ed standalone was too much so went with the ebay package for £12.99, which has turned out to be just as good, and in most respects easier to use. Local megger dealers cannot come anywhere near any of the internet prices. My local guy could get to within about £80 but would not (or could not) budge any further. There's some really good deals out there for testers and software - its just a matter of finding one that you are comfortable with, without breaking the bank

Reply to powersuit software in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock