Discuss pre work testing in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

b0nes

hi all

Here's the scenario (hypothetical of course).
You've gone to a job which involves removing 1 centre light and replacing it with a few downlights.You do the usual checks, main bonding etc. and even a Zs test at the light before starting work.

After you've finished the work and are testing the circuit you discover that some of light switches have cpc's which have not been connected, and now your left with a job that you cant issue a certificate for until the defect's are put right.

I was just wondering how many people have found themselves in this situation? and do you now test any existing circuit before carrying out work on it.

Hi,

bit confused as to the light switches that have CPC's that are not connected

maybe i'm misreading it, but why dont you.....well, erm... connect them???!!:rolleyes:

If you mean there are no CPC's going to the light switches, that's different, but of course that wouldnt affect the Zs on the light

in fact, i am wondering how you tested it before the job in a way that you tested it after the job that meant you picked up the problem???

Of course if it was just on visual, then your pre-work survey.... etc etc

i guess we all live and learn!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Cover your --- in the quote....

I always make my quotes as detailed as possible. List as exactly what your going to do for the customer but make it clear to the them, that if upon carrying out the work you find additional problems then the quote youve given does not cover the extra expense in putting these right.
They cant argue because you cannot certify unsafe work.

Reply to pre work testing in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net