Discuss Price Per Point in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I haven't increased my hourly rate since 2012, and with most people in the general population now on minimum wage, it's hard for everyone. So much for wages increasing in Britain... Can only think that it's public sector the Government is talking about.

I haven't increased my hourly rate since 2012, and with most people in the general population now on minimum wage, it's hard for everyone. So much for wages increasing in Britain... Can only think that it's public sector the Government is talking about.

Nice to see you back Guitarist. It's been a while :)

Times are hard for the average folk, so they tend to shop around more and more these days. There are so many people out there doing "foreigners" and working for cash whilst claiming, the genuine tradesman is getting priced out the market. There are a few people that appreciate a good tradesman and are willing to pay the proper rate for peace of mind. But more and more folk are cutting corners or taking chances. Unfortunately it starts with the government and lack of sound legislation and then ripples all the way back to us the average folk who suffer the consequences.

An old thread resurrected.
I always price per point on new builds and rewires. I don't have time to do it any other way when you factor in potentially not getting the job. Site visit, discuss with potential customer and then price per point adjusting figures if necessary. They get a list of what's included - basic fans etc and if they want better/different, prices are adjusted accordingly. I completed 9 rewires on that basis last year of the 10 I priced for. The one I lost, I didn't want anyway as I'd already sussed the customer was going to be difficult. He was and it took the local 'jack of all trades' 4 times longer to do the job than he thought it would.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I try not to get too involved with discussions these days as I find that it's mainly other trades trying to find out how to do electrical work. There's so much on youtube now, and a lot of it is dangerous.

Reply to Price Per Point in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net