Discuss Price too high? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

timo

A friend asked me to fit their mum & dad 2 more down lights in the bathroom. Said if they supply the mets i would install the fittings, test and cert for £60. Way too much they say, was thinking more like £20/25
Told um that its not just a case of fitting the 2 fittings its the testing of the whole circuit etc also so cant do £20 :(

Family and friends never,never,never,never,never!!. Double your price for the buggeration factor, then when they say that's a bit steep give them 25% to 50% off then they feel your giving them a good deal :D of course I would never do ,this is just a suggestion :)

Its what has always been known as a thank you job
Try to stay clear of them.

You get the job,but sometimes not the thank you, and certainly not profitable
At best you will put your friendship at risk

I like the double price suggestion though

As said in another post the F in family, friends and friends of friends stands for FREEBIE either double your quote:) I like that or as already suggested perhaps they best get another quote or two then you just might get the job and the vary rare thank you:eek:

Chris

Best thing to do is stay impartial tell your mate you are running a business and you just cannot afford to work for under the minimum wage.

When I was doing alarms I just point blank refused to do any electrical job as you were competing with some clown who nicked the gear of his employer and did it for beer money and all I got was your an arrogant )&*%$^ who thinks he is too good me said how come people will pay £15k on a new motor and leave it outside their house yet complain when they cannot get a job in the house done for next to nothing enough said.

Either way you cannot win so dont try to explain too much as they will never understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best thing to do is stay impartial tell your mate you are running a business and you just cannot afford to work for under the minimum wage.

When I was doing alarms I just point blank refused to do any electrical job as you were competing with some clown who nicked the gear of his employer and did it for beer money and all I got was your an arrogant )&*%$^ who thinks he is too good me said how come people will pay £15k on a new motor and leave it outside their house yet complain when they cannot get a job in the house done for next to nothing enough said.

Either way you cannot win so dont try to explain too much as they will never understand.

Well said. cool approach:D

Reply to Price too high? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net