Discuss Pricing in London in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking forward to going solo in the future and I need help with pricing from electricians based mainly in London.

How do you charge usually? (Day rate, price per point etc.)

How much do you charge for per point or day depending on if it's a domestic or commercial property?

I guess the size of the property will add to the price too but for this question, a decent sized 3 bed room?

How much do you charge for callouts? Does your price include fixing the problem lets say £60 to rectify a fault in a ring by changing 1 socket only?

I need some figures as guide as it's very hard to decide because last thing I would want to do is charge more or less than average and lose in the end.

Any help is much appreciated.

I am based in essex, so dont know personally but from what i know from other electricians

would guess at least £300 for a full days work

8am-4pm

Call outs charged at least £65 for first hour then £40 ph thereafter or £150 for half a day

we talking london surrounding areas

And central london most probably wouldnt even consider for less than £400 a day!

Last edited:
I am based in essex, so dont know personally but from what i know from other electricians

would guess at least £300 for a full days work

8am-4pm

Call outs charged at least £65 for first hour then £40 ph thereafter or £150 for half a day

we talking london surrounding areas

And central london most probably wouldnt even consider for less than £400 a day!

Thanks for the info ????

I guess the size of the property will add to the price too
Not necessarily or do you mean because its a big gaff they can afford to pay a bit more otherwise,
the more points installed generally means you can do them a bit cheaper due to economies of scale, without affecting the bottom line!

Not necessarily or do you mean because its a big gaff they can afford to pay a bit more otherwise,
the more points installed generally means you can do them a bit cheaper due to economies of scale, without affecting the bottom line!

No, I meant as in the use of more cable and chasing maybe? and yes I agree with doing more points for a bit cheaper.

Reply to Pricing in London in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net