Discuss problem in the pub in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Provided you get the go ahead from whoever is paying the bill you could rectify the main problems such as the light above the pool table, then recommend and document everything else which you think needs doing.

It's all down to who's paying - if the property is owned by the brewery and a managed house the brewery should sort it all out.
Chances are if the decor is a bit outdated it's either a lease owned by the brewery who will still have an interest and could insist that the licensee sort it out if you were to have a word in their ear, or a freehouse in which case the licensee would be responsible for the whole lot, in which case you could speak to the local council who grant the license.

Depending on who you speak to they should realise that this guy needs to make a living and might say he can continue trading providing the works will be carried out within a certain timeframe.

It might be best to speak to the boss directly and express your concerns first - he/she might take you more seriously than someone who as far as they're concerned they pay to do the cleaning and stand behind the bar.

Provided you get the go ahead from whoever is paying the bill you could rectify the main problems such as the light above the pool table, then recommend and document everything else which you think needs doing.

It's all down to who's paying - if the property is owned by the brewery and a managed house the brewery should sort it all out.
Chances are if the decor is a bit outdated it's either a lease owned by the brewery who will still have an interest and could insist that the licensee sort it out if you were to have a word in their ear, or a freehouse in which case the licensee would be responsible for the whole lot, in which case you could speak to the local council who grant the license.

Depending on who you speak to they should realise that this guy needs to make a living and might say he can continue trading providing the works will be carried out within a certain timeframe.

It might be best to speak to the boss directly and express your concerns first - he/she might take you more seriously than someone who as far as they're concerned they pay to do the cleaning and stand behind the bar.
any 1s found would need sorting Adam before the general public were allowed in i would say.....

as long as the pub has hand pulled ale, who cares about the electrics?

No mate, any 1s found SHOULD be rectified before the public were allowed in but they won't be
well the insurance company wont be aware of it of course....not to mention the health & safety people.....but i understand where your coming from Trev....some might say its upto the client/person ordering the test/work as how to procede.....or not but when the public are involved....as they will be here....whole new game.....

They may not, especially if they don't know about it. One thing you can bank on though, if there's a claim they will use it as a get out clause and refuse to pay out

what i mean is an insurance company will insist that any remedials are carried out before the public have access.....
Yup it's a minefield of litigation issues . Have you been injured in an accident.............

They may not, especially if they don't know about it. One thing you can bank on though, if there's a claim they will use it as a get out clause and refuse to pay out
oh aye....that card will be played....but then thats the landlords problem isn`t it....for not getting 1s and 2s sorted as found....

I went in to a pub last night and the doorman asked me if I had any weapons which obviously I didn't. He then asked me what I wanted, brick or baseball bat.
Sooth Shields man:)

I went in to a pub last night and the doorman asked me if I had any weapons which obviously I didn't. He then asked me what I wanted, brick or baseball bat.
Sooth Shields man:)

Say no more then lol.:13:

Hi all
The manager of my local has been begging the owners to do something about the state of the wiring in the pub, I am, as some would say a Electrical Trainee DI so know nothing on the regs regarding pubs. I have seen an open ceiling rose with a cable extended to the light over the pool table, this ceiling rose is in easy reach of an extended arm and therfore totally dangerouse ie. exposed conductive parts, this is one of a number of many problems. The manager is at the point where he is ready to get the pub closed until the place is made safe and wants to know who he can report this to (annonamously) who will have the power to force the owners to make the place safe.

get an electrician to have a look mate

If you read my OP you will seeI am not asking how to fix it but who the pub manager can report the problem to becuase his boss wont do anything about it.
well if theres going to be covert `reporting` goin on col....then my advice would be to steer well clear of it fella......you never know...if and when it all needs sortin out you could go for that job....a load of remidials n all that so you dont want to be caught up in all this crap.....and dont forget...as a `competent person` you have clearly witnessed a dangerous situation...but did nothing.....

give the publican a danger notice with a copy sent to the brewery. as a first line of attack.

well if theres going to be covert `reporting` goin on col....then my advice would be to steer well clear of it fella......you never know...if and when it all needs sortin out you could go for that job....a load of remidials n all that so you dont want to be caught up in all this crap.....and dont forget...as a `competent person` you have clearly witnessed a dangerous situation...but did nothing.....

Thats a sobering thought ( pun intended ) Also as I said earlier a not so good lawyer could have a field day with this type of litigation if anyone is seriously hurt or worse.

Reply to problem in the pub in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock