Discuss problem in the pub in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Thats a sobering thought ( pun intended ) Also as I said earlier a not so good lawyer could have a field day with this type of litigation if anyone is seriously hurt or worse.
danger notice..as Tel says...that way the relevent people have had this brought to their attention...it kind of passes it on.....like arse covering...

It's tough on coleshaws as he's trying to help to get the right thing done. Pubs(certain types) are not making too much money these days and are cutting corners, it's as you say they are covering their asses till the #### hits the fan then some poor patsy get crucified.

I got called out on Friday night to a pub because no-one else was available, they had been told of the developing fault but did'nt do anything till the range went off. I think they all must be the same lol.

It's tough on coleshaws as he's trying to help to get the right thing done. Pubs(certain types) are not making too much money these days and are cutting corners, it's as you say they are covering their asses till the #### hits the fan then some poor patsy get crucified.

I got called out on Friday night to a pub because no-one else was available, they had been told of the developing fault but did'nt do anything till the range went off. I think they all must be the same lol.
well if the O/P plays this right...he may get any remedial works that need to be carried out...thats after an EICR he does identifies any non-conformance...he gets paid...and appears as the `white knight` in the local community....pub n all that lot..lol....

well if the O/P plays this right...he may get any remedial works that need to be carried out...thats after an EICR he does identifies any non-conformance...he gets paid...and appears as the `white knight` in the local community....pub n all that lot..lol....
Heaven , free ale for life .

Or..... he could be the guy who got the village local shut down.....

problem in the pub {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

If he sets the complaints ball in motion,he could get the pub shut ouch
If he stays silent,he is an expert who did or said nothing, whilst the locals had a premature and possibly happy drunken death ouch again

The sparks lot is far from rosy
I think I would cover all my options, just drink the ale, learn first aid, then do the remedials after the funerals

If he sets the complaints ball in motion,he could get the pub shut ouch
If he stays silent,he is an expert who did or said nothing, whilst the locals had a premature and possibly happy drunken death ouch again

The sparks lot is far from rosy
I think I would cover all my options, just drink the ale, learn first aid, then do the remedials after the funerals

I find the biggest shock is when a pay for the round.

any 1s found would need sorting Adam before the general public were allowed in i would say.....
Ideally yes, but the electrician who carries out the work will expect to be paid for it, the manager is unlikely to want/unable to pay out of his pocket and would probably get a bit of a telling-off if he were to suddenly decide to shut up shop indefinitely on the say-so of one of the regulars.
Saying 'it would need sorting' is all good and well, but it's more a case of speaking to the right person to get the wheels in motion.

Ideally yes, but the electrician who carries out the work will expect to be paid for it, the manager is unlikely to want/unable to pay out of his pocket and would probably get a bit of a telling-off if he were to suddenly decide to shut up shop indefinitely on the say-so of one of the regulars.
Saying 'it would need sorting' is all good and well, but it's more a case of speaking to the right person to get the wheels in motion.
indeed Adam....you can`t FORCE anyone to have works done they dont want doing.....which is why the danger notice is the way forward....at least then the relevent people with authority to order the test/works to be carried out have been made aware.....and the electrician who witnessed the dangerous state of affairs has covered himself by it......

Last edited by a moderator:
If he issues the danger notice it's him in the firing line from the locals if the worst happens and the place gets shut down but emails to environmental health, fire service and licencing authorities put him in the clear and are anonymous as they will not disclose who the tip off came from. All he has to do is keep a copy of the emails in his sent folder.
Another point worthy of consideration is the OP is a DI and therefore not fully conversant with installations in commercial premises. Another get out clause for him should he need it

I know a detective sergeant who knows his way around an installation. I was at college with him when we were serving our apprenticeships, then he jumped ship and joined the force.
He's looking at retiring next year with a nice fat pay off and a good pension, whereas I will still be doing the job I......love?
:)

I know a detective sergeant who knows his way around an installation. I was at college with him when we were serving our apprenticeships, then he jumped ship and joined the force.
He's looking at retiring next year with a nice fat pay off and a good pension, whereas I will still be doing the job I......love?
but the good ship `electra` hasn`t sunk....yet

Plus, you have to still work on installations which are "criminal", whereas he got to arrest the b*****ds.

Reply to problem in the pub in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock