Discuss Pulsacoil 2000 not heating store in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

cliffosj

DIY
Reaction score
Hi hoping for some help here, I turned off my boiler over xmas, came back turned it on and now it's no longer heating the store.

I've checked both off peak and boost, neither are warming, I've checked and tried to reset both thermostats on both elements, but they both seemed like they didn't need a reset. To be honest I'd be surprised if both top and bottom went at the exact same time.

The PCB board led is flashing twice every second, which say's normal operation according to the manual, and the pump runs. I've checked the fuse on the PCB and it's not blown.

Other things to check? Next steps?

Before you switched it off was it working properly on the off peak element, or were you needing to top it up with backup/boost element?

Did you actually push the reset in on the thermal cutouts or just look at them to see if they had popped out?

Can you post a pic of the two element thermostats with the covers removed (with the power isolated obviously)

Have you checked that nothing has tripped in the CU and that the off peak supply is coming on as it should?

Also have you checked that the plastic header tank is filled with water up to the ridge? (unless yours is one of those rare ones that automatically fills via a ball valve)

Hi,just worth noting,that there could be three electrical supplies,to your unit.
One for the control board,one for the on-peak element,and one for the off-peak element.

You would need to know you had supply to all. Conversely,you would need to know all three were isolated,before any investigating.

I have seen these and similar units,fed from one supply,but that is not their design requirement.

Reply to Pulsacoil 2000 not heating store in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock