Discuss PVC Conduit Question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

As I say it’s hard to take it back given the circumstances. My uncle did say 20mm would be fine when I asked him.
Will it be a straight conduit run? how long is the run? sorry my bad you have already said. Still think you may have problems, getting the cable down that conduit.

You won't get 10mm T&E through 20mm conduit, especially not with any bends in it.

If installing T&E through conduit you kind of need to feed it through each piece of conduit as you go and almost build the conduit around the cable.

I see well I’ve contacted the company I’ve bought it from to see what they say. Due the current circumstances it’s difficult to even swap it for 25mm conduit and fixings. Plus I don’t fancy buying it all. Then trying to take the 20mm conduit and fixings back and they can’t do anything
[automerge]1587563656[/automerge]
I will see what they come back with. I may use it for something else. I’ve some outside lights that have two wiska boxes for each light so may take them down and use the conduit, inspection bends and through boxes so you can’t see the flex cable.

Last edited:
Single core cables may be your answer, not T&E.

The T&E is already in, just needs the conduit. So I will order some 25mm conduit and inspection bends. As I am not experienced enough to try a bending spring. It’s going behind a gate anyway so your never going to see it from the front of the house.
[automerge]1587566780[/automerge]
Any answer for post #78?

Originally when we moved in was a 32amp MCB feeding some 1.5mm SWA to the garage. At the time it had one double socket and a 8ft florescent tube. The garage is now a room with some led spots gw10 I believe and 4 double sockets currently with a TV, Virgin Media Box and a Electric Heater, and Wine Fridge.

So my uncle deemed the 1.5mm SWA to be no good for what was now in the garage. So as he had some 10mm T&E on his van we fitted that as he said it is more than enough and easier to fit than SWA which would mean making a right mess of the newly decorated utility room.

Last edited:
Ah right, so there is no requirement for armoured cable now then. Fair enough.

32A MCB with 1.5mm cable - they were optimistic with that eh.

Ah right, so there is no requirement for armoured cable now then. Fair enough.

32A MCB with 1.5mm cable - they were optimistic with that eh.

They were yes.
[automerge]1587567406[/automerge]
On a separate note would you use a through box or a Wiska Box to house some flex and choc block. As the two wiska boxes that are currently up, ones black and the other is grey and two different brands.

Would the conduit fit inside the wiska box?

The T&E is already in, just needs the conduit. So I will order some 25mm conduit and inspection bends. As I am not experienced enough to try a bending spring. It’s going behind a gate anyway so your never going to see it from the front of the house.
[automerge]1587566780[/automerge]

Originally when we moved in was a 32amp MCB feeding some 1.5mm SWA to the garage. At the time it had one double socket and a 8ft florescent tube. The garage is now a room with some led spots gw10 I believe and 4 double sockets currently with a TV, Virgin Media Box and a Electric Heater, and Wine Fridge.

So my uncle deemed the 1.5mm SWA to be no good for what was now in the garage. So as he had some 10mm T&E on his van we fitted that as he said it is more than enough and easier to fit than SWA which would mean making a right mess of the newly decorated utility room.
RDB will probably get away with 25mm conduit, but forget the 25mm inspection bend 10mm2 will never fit, a solid bend maybe, but not an inspection elbow, the cable is just far too big and far too rigid in manufacture.

They were yes.
[automerge]1587567406[/automerge]
On a separate note would you use a through box or a Wiska Box to house some flex and choc block. As the two wiska boxes that are currently up, ones black and the other is grey and two different brands.

Would the conduit fit inside the wiska box?

I tend to use a through box with an adaptor and gland.
Assuming it's basically a flex outlet for lights or some such.

If outside don't forget gasket.

Would you recommend a bending spring Pete or another method?
[automerge]1587569912[/automerge]
View attachment 57683
WHAT SORT OF ANGLE ARE YOU CONTEMPLATING USING?
Remember you are using a fairly hefty cable, so getting it around a bend will be difficult whatever method yo use, could you not run it in the conduit down the wall and take it into whatever without ciconduit, after all 10mm2 has its own mechanical protection.

WHAT SORT OF ANGLE ARE YOU CONTEMPLATING USING?
Remember you are using a fairly hefty cable, so getting it around a bend will be difficult whatever method yo use, could you not run it in the conduit down the wall and take it into whatever without ciconduit, after all 10mm2 has its own mechanical protection.

I understand what your saying. Only other method I was thinking would be Trunking but I would look odd.

Davesparks suggestion is best try and build the system around the cable.

I understand what your saying. Only other method I was thinking would be Trunking but I would look odd.
Better Odd than a badly installed cable. prone to heat damage due to the badly designed install method tight bends and tight enclosures are not a good idea,
Question, is there actually a need for conduit in this situation, many people just bury the cable as is as long asit's protected by a RCD.

Better Odd than a badly installed cable. prone to heat damage due to the badly designed install method tight bends and tight enclosures are not a good idea,
Question, is there actually a need for conduit in this situation, many people just bury the cable as is as long asit's protected by a RCD.

It's coming down the external brick wall Pete.

Reply to PVC Conduit Question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock