Discuss PVC Conduit Question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

RDB85

-
Trainee
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I’m looking to buy some PVC Conduit for some security lights rather than clip the cable. We don’t use it in work. But I know I need 20mm conduit but would I be okay using 20mm inspection elbows? I assume they just fit inside?

Aico 3000
Scolmore Electrical Products
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Pete999

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
I’m looking to buy some PVC Conduit for some security lights rather than clip the cable. We don’t use it in work. But I know I need 20mm conduit but would I be okay using 20mm inspection elbows? I assume they just fit inside?
No the tube fits inside the fittings and Don't forget to use the adhesive!!!!!

R

RDB85

-
Trainee
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No the tube fits inside the fittings and Don't forget to use the adhesive!!!!!
I’ve been given a length of 20mm PVC so I would need 25mm fittings.

Pete999

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
I’ve been given a length of 20mm PVC so I would need 25mm fittings.
No, 20mm fittings are designed, for 20mm conduit, you may need a bending spring as well as a tube cutter if you are doing a lot of tube work, although a Junior Hacksaw will do the job just as well, although a cutter makes a better job of cutting use Heavy duty tube it's easier to bend and work with. In my considerable experience. Light duty tube tends to kink when bending,

westward10

westward10

Mod
I would avoid manufactured bends and elbows they look terrible in any instance. Get a bending spring and use sets wherever possible and use BESA boxes as opposed to the fittings you suggest.

Pete999

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Okay that’s what I’ve got. 20mm fixings, inspection bends and elbows. Looks like I will need some adhesive.
Yep and saddles, box lids and screws and if outside some waterproof gaskets,

Mike Johnson

Mike Johnson

-
Esteemed
Arms
The inspection bends do not allow a cable draw tape to push around the bend without taking off the face plate or perseverance, better to use a slow bend or as suggested above a bending spring to get a slow change of direction.

Vortigern

Vortigern

Esteemed
Arms
Yes and black conduit for outside. Plus if it's a long run, expansion coupler.

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Reply to PVC Conduit Question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom