Discuss PVC Conduit Question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

what's wrong with inspection elbows? how else do you come through a wall and then 90 degrees (up/down/left/right)? do youm bent the tube and have it sticking 4" off the wall?

what's wrong with inspection elbows? how else do you come through a wall and then 90 degrees (up/down/left/right)? do youm bent the tube and have it sticking 4" off the wall?
Me, I use a back entry on an end box and shoot off from there, better than an Inspection elbow I reckon, but each to their own I guess.

Careful with the springs. Get one from the same supplier as the pipe you are using. There can be discrepancies between the inside diameter of different manufacturers. so it it can either be too tight to push in, or too loose and cause wrinkles.

whoever said bending the pipe with a spring would be more economical.... it depends how good you are at bending.

I see nothing wrong with using manufactured bends for neatness. All uniform radii, all the same.

I’ve ordered the pvc adhesive. The diameter is 20mm but the elbow and inspection bends and even the end boxes don’t fit inside the conduit. As I wanted to get it all measures and test fitted before using adhesive.

As the tubing doesn’t fit over them I assume you would make some cuts in the end to make the diameter smaller?

???? The pipe goes INSIDE the port on the fittings, it should stay there on its own, no need to cut anything, it just pushes in.

???? The pipe goes INSIDE the port on the fittings, it should stay there on its own, no need to cut anything, it just pushes in.

I know it should do this doesn’t it’s the same diameter. So it doesn’t push inside. Not sure if it’s the conduit or the fixings I’ve bought. The fixing are a brand make and the conduit was given to me.

I will get a photo to show you what I mean. I assumed that the fixings should fit inside, so I was a bit confused when they didn’t and thought do I need 25mm tubing.

I know it should do this doesn’t it’s the same diameter. So it doesn’t push inside. Not sure if it’s the conduit or the fixings I’ve bought. The fixing are a brand make and the conduit was given to me.
I'm going to guess that you have 25mm conduit with 20mm accessories/fittings.

Measures the conduit and the inspection bend both 2cm.

Attachments

• PVC Conduit Question FA3DB0CB-1B05-4540-B33D-F003BD307E42 - EletriciansForums.net
    FA3DB0CB-1B05-4540-B33D-F003BD307E42.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 41
  • PVC Conduit Question DB361F08-4F44-47C7-A877-48A6184B7331 - EletriciansForums.net
    DB361F08-4F44-47C7-A877-48A6184B7331.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 43
No not if the conduit is 20mm, 20 mm everything Saddles, fittings and bending spring.

Yes overflow pipe, but if you must use it, asa it is thick walled I have successfully turned it down at the end by putting a mandrel inside and turning it on an electric drill with some sandpaper or file, gets you out of a problem if needs be.

Reply to PVC Conduit Question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock