Discuss Qualification help!! in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

E

eskimo39

Hi guys, I am struggling to get my head around just what exactally is required to become a self employed electrician.

I am on my C&G 2330 (Finishing July 2009) moving on to the NVQ 2356 (Finishing July 2011)

I am also planning to complete the 2391 Inspection & Testing and also the 2382 17th Edition early next year.

When qualified I want to continue working for the company who are training me as the owner has been great in giving me an opportunity and also in the amount of time he spends helping my progression. I believe it is only right that this should be repaid with loyalty.

However I would be keen to do a few jobs on weekends for myself. Do I have to wait until the completion of the NVQ or can I start doing my own work with a C & G 2330 and 2382 17th Edition??

Cheers

eskimo I thinks its a case of what do you need as qualifications to join a government approved scheme for qualified electricians.

Why not check on their requirements to see what they think is classed as competent.

Remember that anyone can work with electrics if competent according to the Regs.

So effectivly I could go out and work now? I have an ECS card and a good knowledge of domestic work.

I don't plan to just yet but if I wanted to be an electrician not in an approved scheme, Is there nothing really stopping me.

If allowed, I suppose once I have my 2330, 2391 and 17th Edition I might start doing a few small jobs on my own for family/friends etc to build up confidence. I will have to look into wether I can get liability insurance with just these 3 qualifications or wether I will have to wait until 2011 and the NVQ Level 3.

Don't forget if you are not a member scheme and the work falls under Part P of the building Regualtions you would have to notify the LABC about the job and it would need inspecting.

napit will accept you with the quals you have as long as you gain your 17th edition mate

then you have your morning assesment with them as long as you pass jobs a good un

Bloody hell, never thought it would be so easy. Why on earth am I spending thousands on my NVQ :p

To prove to everyone else that you know your stuff. I used to think that it's only a bit of paper but it's that bit of paper that sets you out from all the others. Best of luck; hope it all goes well

Reply to Qualification help!! in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock