Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Quarterly-6 monthly crap! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deleted member 9648

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

So we are 6 months in to the 18th and still every RCD test label supplied with boards/RCBO's comes with a quarterly label. 14 starbreaker RCBO's fitted today..all with quarterly labels. Shouldn't manufacturers be binning their old stickers and supplying the correct ones? I'm having to make up a '6 monthly' label on the brother printer and cut it down so it fits over the offending bit. Is anyone else bothering or just using the old?
BTW the change to 6 monthly must be one of the most pointless reg changes in a sea of pointless reg changes. (IMO)

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Andy78

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Just using the old ones myself. As I see it a quarterly test label goes above and beyond the current requirements so is still compliant.

O

Octopus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think a reg that needs removing is the need for the dual colour warning label

A waste of time, materials and a pointless box to tick,

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
So we are 6 months in to the 18th and still every RCD test label supplied with boards/RCBO's comes with a quarterly label. 14 starbreaker RCBO's fitted today..all with quarterly labels. Shouldn't manufacturers be binning their old stickers and supplying the correct ones? I'm having to make up a '6 monthly' label on the brother printer and cut it down so it fits over the offending bit. Is anyone else bothering or just using the old?
BTW the change to 6 monthly must be one of the most pointless reg changes in a sea of pointless reg changes. (IMO)
you can put a sticker on that says test every 5 years, it will not be adhered to.

you can put a sticker on that says test every 5 minutes, it will not be adhered to.

you can put a sticker on that says stick finger up bum whilst pressing this button, it will not be adhered to.

these stickers are a CYA for manufacturers and the people writing the regs.

IN MY HUMBLE OPPINION!!

D

Deleted member 9648

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just using the old ones myself. As I see it a quarterly test label goes above and beyond the current requirements so is still compliant.
Might do the same.....trouble is the tick box on NIC certs clearly states 6 monthly label applied....only a teeny-weeny white lie I suppose.
Tell you what though, it was a nightmare getting 14 labels on that crabtree board as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

buzzlightyear

-
Arms
Esteemed
who f88King reads them any why ,drag the customer by the scruff of the neck to the consumer unit read this .

Customer the other day didn’t even know where they unit was....let alone what was written on it!
I had this a few months ago

Friend of my parents wanted a few extra sockets in their lounge.
So as you do I went round to take a quick look.
One of the first things I do is ask to see the consumers unit.

Lady stared blankly at me for a good 45-50seconds , she said and I quote ‘ I don’t think we have one of those’ o_O

I then spend the next 10 minutes trying to find it , eventually I found the old 3036 board in the down starts toilet completely boxed and in along with the soil waste pipe directly behind the loo.:confused:
I only found it because the meter box on the outside was roughly 3 feet away on the outside wall.

The lady was shocked as had never seen it before In the 30 years they had lived in the house

Baddegg

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
Advent Win
I had this a few months ago

Friend of my parents wanted a few extra sockets in their lounge.
So as you do I went round to take a quick look.
One of the first things I do is ask to see the consumers unit.

Lady stared blankly at me for a good 45-50seconds , she said and I quote ‘ I don’t think we have one of those’ o_O

I then spend the next 10 minutes trying to find it , eventually I found the old 3036 board in the down starts toilet completely boxed and in along with the soil waste pipe directly behind the loo.:confused:
I only found it because the meter box on the outside was roughly 3 feet away on the outside wall.

The lady was shocked as had never seen it before In the 30 years they had lived in the house
Good job it didn’t need stickers mate :)

Wilko

-
Arms
Esteemed
Servicing opportunity - for just £19.99 a month I will attend the installation and provide required testing :)

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Reply to Quarterly-6 monthly crap! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom