Discuss Quick quote in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys, I’m new to self employment and I’m not sure my pricing is accurate enough. I’ve been asked to do a small job local to me and wondered if someone could give me a rough cost.

I’ve been asked to supply;
1 x stainless lantern for front of house
2 x 30w flood lights with built in PIR (for side and rear)

I’ve got the materials for around £70.00 including wiska boxes etc.

I need to do a like for like swap on a lantern by the front door.

Like for like swap on old halogen flood on side of house (high level).

Install new 30w flood at rear of house. Permanent feed taken to light, operated solely by PIR.

Also about 6-8 sockets/switches need pinning back in the kitchen. I think the kitchen was retiled meaning existing socket pins aren’t long enough.

There will be two of us on the job so not expecting it to take much longer than 1.5 hours to be honest.

Any quotes would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

minimum charge is half a day for 2 of you, whatever your hourly/day rate is. you need
to go to wholesaler. go to job, get back home. all chargeable time.

was going to sayaround £250 +materials.

One day labour charge £500 (no such thing as half a day in my book) but this kind of job you should be down the pub by lunch time easy if on your own. If its 2 of you then £250 each.

Materials what ever they are from the wholesalers , some people add 10-35% , I personally don't add a mark up as my rate covers me for my time driving to collect gear

Occupied rewires I quote £600 per day

Reply to Quick quote in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock