Discuss Quinetic buzz noise in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rambo6

DIY
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new here but I am seeking professional advice on what to do. Installed wall lights in two rooms using Quinetic switches system on both. But there is a buzzing coming only from these 2 rooms. I assume it is from the quinetic receiver (installed in loft) or the lights itself. Is this common? Are there any solutions? Please advise.

Many thanks for your kind help.

TL;DR
Quinetic buzzing noise, how to solve?
Have you tried replacing the lights to rule them out? Replaceable bulbs?

normally buzzing is coming from a transformer in a light fitting, but I suppose the electronics in the receiver might be the culprit also. Do you hear it in the attic?

Have you tried replacing the lights to rule them out? Replaceable bulbs?

normally buzzing is coming from a transformer in a light fitting, but I suppose the electronics in the receiver might be the culprit also. Do you hear it in the attic?
Many thanks for your quick reply.
I have tried different bulbs and the noise still there. In fact, I turned off all electricity in the house (via main switch board) and the noise is still there!!!

No noise from attic..

You turned off all the electric, and the buzz is still there????

wasps?

seriously though, if you turned everything off, then it can’t be anything you have got that’s making the noise.

Reactions: DPG

Reply to Quinetic buzz noise in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, I am looking to install a Quinetic double gang in line receiver switch (QURS2W) in my hallway on the ground floor to control the lights...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone :) my first post here. Quick background I'm a newly qualified installer of somewhat advanced years whose just starting out in the...
Replies
Views
I need your help please once again in tracing a fault. Am DIY but not clueless. Converting former kitchen into 2 rooms: bathroom and laundry. The...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a job where customer has two families one families lives upstairs and one family will live downstairs. As the property is going through...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, after temporary removing a Sonoff that I've installed years ago to do some painting, I'm unable to get everything back to work. I've...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock