Discuss Re-decorating after new sockets fitted in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Mark Itz

DIY
Reaction score
We've had some electrical work done which we're very happy with, but I have one query. Where some extra sockets have been fitted, the electrician made a channel in the wall down to the skirting, with the supply picked up from a nearby socket and the cables running under the floorboards; all good so far. I expected the cables in the new channel in the wall to be in a pipe or trunking, but they're not. My query is that the electrician said it's fine to just fill the channel over the cables - is that okay?
Thanks,
Mark

Yes it will be fine.

The reason that it’ll be safe is that they are run in a “safe zone” which is any area directly above, below or horizontal to any switches or sockets.
We put or cables there, in the understanding that other trades don’t nail or screw into that same area.

Reply to Re-decorating after new sockets fitted in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock