Discuss re-wireable comsumer units in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi guys

can you give me some info on what can be done & not be done regarding these units as to adding extra points in the circuits. most houses around me are these units.

i know sockets will need rcd protection

is there anything else apart from a new 17th cu

customer is very tight like a ducks butt. house is a tip

cheers jon

Take it you mean a fuse box with rewirable fuses in it?

Its not just sockets that require an RCD, if you are to alter or add any cable chased in, it very likely also to require an RCD.

If its 1 circuit being altered, then I stick a stand alone RCD in, but if its a couple then I will split tails and put in a small CU, usually Wylex as they are quite small.

Reply to re-wireable comsumer units in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

This is a strange one, my neighbour is a bit mad, he had a largish extension built in about 2015, the builder attempted to do everything including...
Replies
Views
Well....wiring in a 1750s thatched cottage attic, not wiring made from thatch 🤪 One we have been letting for over 20 years (as well as enjoying...
Replies
Views
My parents have been having trouble with their electrics recently. They had their house refurbished a year and a half ago and discovered some...
Replies
Views
Morning All I recently completed my first re wire and board change, (with help from the owner who is a gas fitter and plumper, who works with my...
Replies
Views
Evening all. Been at a property the last couple of days that had suffered damage due to a surge. I got the power back on all circuits apart from...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock