Discuss Realistic call out price? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Although when I was working I got paid a min of 3 hours, mind you I was only on 3 scrots an hour, plus mileage.
Or two chickens, but I had to slaughter them myself, wear and tear on the Horse Shoes was up to me. Forgot to add I was paid a retainer of 20 scrots per day, and an allowance for signalling my Boss.

You're hourly rate plus 20%

Accepting,my rules and clients,may be shy of the 'norm' ... a good rule of thumb,is to ask the client (or estimate,yourself) how much more important,the call/job is?
;)
If it is only 15% or 50% more....not worth it

If I'm doing call-out in the factory, it's two hours double time, this is even if it is a 5 min job.

One night I had two of these. I couldn't be bothered with them anymore.

25 years ago. Try 21 callouts in a week at a minimum four hours double time. The accountants phoned me to ask if it was OK to split my wages over two weeks as the wages computer had spat its dummy out.

A callout on a bank holiday worked out at £11 per minute. Drive to work, press a button, drive to home pub.

I don’t miss call outs, your life isn’t your own.

25 years ago. Try 21 callouts in a week at a minimum four hours double time. The accountants phoned me to ask if it was OK to split my wages over two weeks as the wages computer had spat its dummy out.

A callout on a bank holiday worked out at £11 per minute. Drive to work, press a button, drive to home pub.

I don’t miss call outs, your life isn’t your own.
The tax man loved you that week.

It would have paid them to just hire another spark for the weekend shift

The tax man loved you that week.

It would have paid them to just hire another spark for the weekend shift

The company took us off shifts and on to a rosta call out system to save money. I’ve never made so much money but the strain on the nerves just wasn’t worth it.

And yes, I was on high (irate) rate tax.

The company took us off shifts and on to a rosta call out system to save money. I’ve never made so much money but the strain on the nerves just wasn’t worth it.

And yes, I was on high (irate) rate tax.
Yeah, I'm on the high rate myself.

I would rather put in a 12/13 HR day but at least when you go home you can switch off.

With the callouts you have to take the phone to bed with you

£1000 and above for 2 hours isn't bad! ;)

Yep,and done better still,on occasion,but you have to apply the SE formulae ;)

...That's the one where you have to add and average all the fee-free bits,the love-jobs,the complimentary work,the skills trades,etc

Then you have to judge the risks,time away from more important things,your health,sanity,etc

Numbers and digits are one thing - but never the full story :)

Yeah, I'm on the high rate myself.

I would rather put in a 12/13 HR day but at least when you go home you can switch off.

With the callouts you have to take the phone to bed with you

My biggest mistake was letting work know my phone numbers. I changed my all my numbers so they bought me another mobile phone. I couldn’t escape!

Seriously, call outs on a regular basis are the road to a nervous breakdown.

Most people don’t charge enough. Our industry is relatively unique ,mainly because year on year we are subject to extra costs to keep up with ever changing
Standards. Eg testing qualifications, 18th edition etc etc. Looking at plastering subbies and brickies they seem to do alright. Plus however remote, the chance is if we slip up with an installation someone could be killed.

Reply to Realistic call out price? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock