Discuss Rechargeable Green Laser Level recommendations in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

It might be the greatest laser level ever built, but I've no way of knowing. What in particular do you think looks decent about it?

I'm certainly open to trying off-brand products, but at £350 I'd want to be very certain about accuracy and build quality.

It might be the greatest laser level ever built, but I've no way of knowing. What in particular do you think looks decent about it?

I'm certainly open to trying off-brand products, but at £350 I'd want to be very certain about accuracy and build quality.

It’s 60m distance
20 hour battery

Are just two. It’s got really good reviews online and I know a few people in the trade that have used Dewalt, Bosch etc and have used this and found it to be better.

I’ve use Milwaukee but their 12v laser is a tad on the extremely expensive side.

The laser on its own is £165. But the whole kit seems good value. I can’t seem to find anything by other manufacturers that is as good for the price and bundle.

If it meets your needs and gets decent reviews, then I'm not sure what else there is to add. The only issue remaining is for you to decide whether or not to buy it.

There are no right answers about laser levels and choices boil down to avoiding wrong decisions - on that front you appear to have checked the necessary details.

I've the Dewalt DCE088D1G, have had it for over 4 years now. Don't know how long a battery lasts as I have other battery's for it, but it's used a lot and we aren't charging it often at all. Amazon here seems to be the best price for it, just add a 2nd battery at £20-£30 and you'll never be beat. While not a huge range there are some other 10.8v Dewalt tools the batteries work with. The impact driver I have is pretty good. Laser is used very regularly and I've not been on any job where it's not up to the task.

4 years since I bought it and if the batteries or charger [charger is the same as does the 18v tools as well] fail I can still buy original dewalt ones for not too hefty a price which is reassuring. Also lots of chinese replica's of the batteries, but I'd expect the original batteries to be around for many many years to come.

I've the Dewalt DCE088D1G, have had it for over 4 years now. Don't know how long a battery lasts as I have other battery's for it, but it's used a lot and we aren't charging it often at all. Amazon here seems to be the best price for it, just add a 2nd battery at £20-£30 and you'll never be beat. While not a huge range there are some other 10.8v Dewalt tools the batteries work with. The impact driver I have is pretty good. Laser is used very regularly and I've not been on any job where it's not up to the task.

4 years since I bought it and if the batteries or charger [charger is the same as does the 18v tools as well] fail I can still buy original dewalt ones for not too hefty a price which is reassuring. Also lots of chinese replica's of the batteries, but I'd expect the original batteries to be around for many many years to come.
I'm sure the DeWalt is an excellent laser, but it doesn't do 360⁰ horizontal and overhead lines, nor does it have 3 of them.

Not sure what I'll do when the current laser level needs to be replaced, but hopefully that's many years away. Can't see myself paying the money for Makita's 360 level and don't like the idea of carrying another type of batteries & charger.

I use Eneloop rechargeable batteries and find they last as long as regular Duracell - roughly two full days from a set and half a dozen extra AAs take up next to no toolbox space.

I use two lasers. One of them is the DeWalt (red) the other bosch (green) When I set up ceiling mounted 600 x 600 LED panels I need two lasers for the cross laser effect for placement. I am a bit suspicious of the 60 foot laser thing. I suppose it is possible. On a sunny day I can struggle with seeing the laser even at short distances.
I must admit that one looks very handy, notice it is done in a semi-darkened room though. Like the manual mode as well.

I'm sure the DeWalt is an excellent laser, but it doesn't do 360⁰ horizontal and overhead lines, nor does it have 3 of them.
They do the 360⁰ and many other versions also👍 I was only referencing what I have, and I'm kinda at a loss as to what I'd do differently with a 360⁰ laser- where does its use like to a spark that a cross line laser doesn't?

I'm very wary of lasers of any type made by unknown or budget brands as I value my eyesight far too much to risk it.

I've had a simple red dewalt laser level for years and it does all I need, but then I still prefer a chalk line when I can use it.

sod that cost. a chalk line is about £3. only drawback is is the amount of beer consumed before measuring.
Chalk line is still extremely useful, but it's not £3 no more, refills are about a fiver, half decent chalk line and chalk about £12. Well worth having, not much use for setting boxes and the like.

I'm very wary of lasers of any type made by unknown or budget brands as I value my eyesight far too much to risk it.

I've had a simple red dewalt laser level for years and it does all I need, but then I still prefer a chalk line when I can use it.
I dunno how you can say it's made by an unknown...the seller has listed there details and it's clearly a well known household name. And this isn't spoof, its from the ebay listing in the opening post.
Screenshot 2022-08-07 20.29.03.png

Last edited:
Chalk line is still extremely useful, but it's not £3 no more, refills are about a fiver, half decent chalk line and chalk about £12. Well worth having, not much use for setting boxes and the like.

Would be no end of fun marking chalk lines along a warehouse roof.

Last edited:
I always judge a laser level by what it comes with .If its in a daft bag with 7p's worth of tripod and some yellow glasses etc Then they are like toys .Also I have a nice RED Bosch laser with great attachments that really work and a Datum pole . People seem to think a green laser will change their life...... Well if you are on small jobs etc it wont ! Red lasers are fine .Ive never ever not been able to work with mine .

Would be a no end of fun marking chalk lines along a warehouse roof.
It's all about using the right tool for the job. I'm doing a new build at the moment that has 2 hallways each about 20m long. The chalk line mark is still there with no setup time required each time I am back. As are all the chalk line markings we put on on the bison slab ceilings on ground floor and even on the trusses (if that's right term for them, I often get confused) on 1st floor. We have plenty of cables installed just need some answers regarding heating & lighting before we can do any more before someone gets smart about saying all chalk lines and no cables.

Laser level has been used to set boxes throughout though.

Reply to Rechargeable Green Laser Level recommendations in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net