Discuss Reminder of poor security on Ford Vans in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Saw this video online today of a guy using the now infamous lock pick tool to open a ford van in around 30 seconds.
It is shocking that these picks are available online for around £20...
Its a reminder to all with Ford vans to fit extra locks, as it only takes a moment for somebody to steal your tools. If there is no sign of damage insurers are reluctant to pay out aswell.
spending £30 on a decent padlock and hasp system is still an improvement on the crap ford locks, at least when out and about it offers some extra protection. At night take everything out.
The simple trick thieves can use to break into your car | Daily Mail Online - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4749116/The-simple-trick-thieves-use-break-car.html#v-7736565954186492027

Saw this video online today of a guy using the now infamous lock pick tool to open a ford van in around 30 seconds.
It is shocking that these picks are available online for around £20...
Its a reminder to all with Ford vans to fit extra locks, as it only takes a moment for somebody to steal your tools. If there is no sign of damage insurers are reluctant to pay out aswell.
spending £30 on a decent padlock and hasp system is still an improvement on the crap ford locks, at least when out and about it offers some extra protection. At night take everything out.
The simple trick thieves can use to break into your car | Daily Mail Online - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4749116/The-simple-trick-thieves-use-break-car.html#v-7736565954186492027
How about this one

Reply to Reminder of poor security on Ford Vans in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

What are you guys using a additional physical security on on your vans? Assuming no-one is foolish enough to be relying on the OEM door lock and...
Replies
Views
I'm about to start measuring up and racking out my van (a Ford Transit Short Wheel Base). I was thinking of using marine ply or similar. I'm...
Replies
Views
sick of arriving on site only to realize I hadn't foreseen the need for something I hadn't packed the night before, after looking around at...
Replies
Views
Been sent a link to a good twitter page with images and posts on the now van crime epidemic. Doubt the politicians will change the law to really...
Replies
Views
I have a new van or should I say a new to me transit I'm needing to kit it out roof rack and internal stuff which is fine but I'm looking at...
Replies
Views
LankyWill
L

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock