Discuss removing wall lights in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

gt67

I have 3 wall lights that are connected to a double light switch (the 2nd switch is for the light on the ceiling). I want to remove the wall lights and ensure that the supply to the cables in the wall are not live then have the wall plastered.

Each of the wall lights has 1 cable running to it and there is one cable connected to the appropriate switch of the double light switch.

Would all the individual cables that are connected to each wall light terminate in a box and then they are connected via the switch and pick up the feed from the ceiling rose? If this is the case, what is the best way of finding out which is the correct cable to disconnect in the ceiling rose? If not, how would I be able to find out where these lights pick up the live feed?

Hopefully this makes sense and thanks for any help

Pick up a feed This can be at a switch cieling rose or accessable junction box Then switched supply to wall light and neutral return
This can be wired in a number of ways so you will need to describe what cables you have at the switch and the wall light Are they twin and earth or single core ?

Des,

It is twin and earth, 1 to each wall light and there is 1 connected to the switch. I am going to have a look at the ceiling rose tomorrow if I get time and see what I have there.

Thanks for taking the time to think about my question - it is much appreciated.

Reply to removing wall lights in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock