Discuss Replacing 12v GU4 downlighters with LED. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

actomox

DIY
Reaction score
In the bathroom we have a panel above the wash basin with 3 x 12v Halogen downlighters powered through a single transformer.

I am looking to replace the halogens with LED equivalents with a 12v LED driver.

I have removed the bezel and there is a very thin black plastic ring but I can see no retaining screws. I removed the top cover expecting to find it was held in place by clips - but there are none. How do I remove the fittings without damaging the board? It is a 60mm cutout. I attach pics, both top and bottom.

Can anyone advise me, please?

Attachments

• IMG_20220824_111925.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 12
  • MVIMG_20220827_113905.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 12
Are the housings held in place by springy bits, one each side of the fitting? Have you tried to gently push the housing out?

• Agree
Reactions: UNG
Are the housings held in place by springy bits, one each side of the fitting? Have you tried to gently push the housing out?
Thanks SID. I'll try that. Enlarging the pics does make it appear that there are what may be spring catches on each side (viewed from the top)

Reply to Replacing 12v GU4 downlighters with LED. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

We bought a house with an array of broken (some cosmetic issues, some functional) downlights under cupboards in our kitchen. The bulb seem to be...
Replies
Views
Done a job yesterday, remove old 12v halogens and replace with mains, gu10 downlights. Fitted some LED gu10's no issues. Got a call today saying...
Replies
Views
I purchased a house that has a really cool 12v halogen setup where two wires are suspended across the ceiling in two different locations, and each...
Replies
Views
As above. Does the electricianI have to remove all the transformers. Are therr not led downlighter led bulbs with thin pins? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi all, Great forum with lots of advice read and greatly received over the years! I have a question here that I am hopeful somebody here can...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock