Discuss Rewire? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I am surprised how much time you guys are looking and picking at someones website. (its nothing to do with me)
Thats the competition, they are clearly eerm in my opinion not very good.
All the time you are picking faults, they have the opportunity to find about it on this forum, that then gives them the chance to improve it.
Do you really want to help your competition the chance to improve their website and pricing of PAT testing?

what gets on my --- is that most sparks are honest and are trying to make an honest living. but i have no doubt that people like these prob will be a damn sight richer and better off

I want their mobile app, looks pretty cool...

Got another reply when I asked if they were NIC registered. Apparently they use subbies who are, not sure if that entitles them to use the logo but there you go.
He's on to me, he's asked about my motives as it "appears to question the judgements they, as a company make"

Got another reply when I asked if they were NIC registered. Apparently they use subbies who are, not sure if that entitles them to use the logo but there you go.
He's on to me, he's asked about my motives as it "appears to question the judgements they, as a company make"

I'm sure the NIC would give you the answer to that trev. Worth an e-mail :)

Might just do that mate. You never know, just because they claim to be using registered subbies doesn't mean they are. I'd still love to ask him about the arcing thing but that'll have to come from someone else since he's tumbled me:)

As said, I emailed the NICEIC to ask them if they were registered. Had an auto reply to say they will reply with 2 days. That was 3 days ago.............

I can beat that... I e-mailed them about joining their part P scheme once and never got a reply :)

I'm with Elecsa now and very impressed with them :)

I know they are scaremongering, but isn't that what this trade needs? People do not respect electricity, they think that they can change a CU themselves, come off the bathroom light for the new shower that they will try and fit. If people are more scared about electric, people might actually stop DIYing their electrics and get a spark in, more work for us eh? Although they are talking a load of tosh on that site

Theres scaremongering and then theres pure and simple conning

Telling a homeowner there sockets and light switchs are dangerous and could set of fire because they cross eachother is a simple CON, he would be taking their cash for no reason at all, people like that are giving the trade the bad name it has today

Theres scaremongering and then theres pure and simple conning

Telling a homeowner there sockets and light switchs are dangerous and could set of fire because they cross eachother is a simple CON, he would be taking their cash for no reason at all, people like that are giving the trade the bad name it has today

The best bit about that one is that the "correct" wires in the picture cross, just further down!

My work's van has the niceic logo although no one on our site (holiday park) is an electrician and we use only sub contractors (which is why I'm sending myself to college and had a word with one of our contractors who'll let me shadow him when he's on site and I'm free). When I queried this with our powers that be they said it was allowed as our company is niceic registered and we use niceic contractors. Still feels wrong to me :/

I know they are scaremongering, but isn't that what this trade needs? People do not respect electricity, they think that they can change a CU themselves, come off the bathroom light for the new shower that they will try and fit. If people are more scared about electric, people might actually stop DIYing their electrics and get a spark in, more work for us eh? Although they are talking a load of tosh on that site
Yeah, but it's not DIYers they're scaremongering. It's little old ladies who make you tea all day

Reply to Rewire? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net