Discuss Rewire? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

V

vernam616

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Quite a bit of scaremongering, sad that people have to resort to this to gain business

Precision Electrics - Complete or Partial Rewires

Last edited by a moderator:
CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Looks a right pigs ear mate doesn't mean it automatically needs a rewire though as you know

V

vernam616

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
PAT for 50p too

Am I missing something as it does not say rewiring.

V

vernam616

is this your website??? also why do you ask that question as you cant determine that it needs a rewire from a 16th edition board

My opening few words were " Just been browsing this site, advert popped up on gumtree ", how can you possibly ask if its my site?

A

axel132132

Its a 16th edition board mate single RCD

P

pencilpusher

I won't pull any punches here. That site is an absolute disgrace and must be run by cowboys. It is full of inacurate bull**** and is trying to scare anyone looking at it. Professionals? MY a**e. That's why some customers think tradesman are trying to have them over.

BTW, the website is cheap and tacky!

G

Guest55

There are so many liberties taken with the advice given on that website i dont know where to begin.
Scaremongering , definately.
And i wouldnt like to use their periodic insection services either , missing grommets code 1's galore lol.

V

vernam616

Im still in shock at the fault finding page, telling people that insulated neutral crossing over the insulated live is dangerous and can take someones life and it needs to be rectified asap

Jesus ive just looked a little further

Precision Electrics - Fault Finding

Funny really as the one marked "Correct" has a grommit missing on the right
Don't you just hate all that arcing caused by "live and neutral wires crossing" ?

P

pencilpusher

Am I missing something as it does not say rewiring.

Oh yes it does!

THE PICTURE ABOVE SHOWS A CONSUMER UNIT THAT IS OUT DATED AND IN NEED OF A REWIRE!!

oh and....

THE NEW 17TH EDITION WIRING REGULATIONS STATE THIS MUST ONLY BE DONE BY A QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN TO BS7671 REGULATIONS!!!

Where precisely does it say that then?

A

axel132132

i was just looking at that, i dont get it in his pic it says CORRECT but.. below he says its an issue that causes arching?

CONFUSED???!

i was just looking at that, i dont get it in his pic it says CORRECT but.. below he says its an issue that causes arching?

CONFUSED???!
Scaremongering Axel

V

vernam616

This is why the trade is going down the S***ter

I just filled in their contact form asking how you can tell from the photo that the property needs a rewire hehe

G

Guest55

Just noticed these cowboys are operating in the north east.
i think our geordie members should go round and give them a slap lol

V

vernam616

Id like to hear more about this arcing situation and how it actually happens

M

Mark_Burgess

I am surprised how much time you guys are looking and picking at someones website. (its nothing to do with me)
Thats the competition, they are clearly eerm in my opinion not very good.
All the time you are picking faults, they have the opportunity to find about it on this forum, that then gives them the chance to improve it.
Do you really want to help your competition the chance to improve their website and pricing of PAT testing?

Fill in the form Vernam, it's on the contact us page:) We can swap notes when they respond to us

V

vernam616

I am surprised how much time you guys are looking and picking at someones website. (its nothing to do with me)
All the time you are picking faults, they have the opportunity to find about it on this forum, that then gives them the chance to improve it.
Do you really want to help your competition the chance to improve their website and pricing of PAT testing?
Genuine rogue traders pal, niceic logo splashed all over, yet no trace of them on NIC site

Also proves entertaining

P

pencilpusher

I really am not worried about these as" competition" Good luck to anyone who employs them. I can sleep at night, can they? It's also good friggin fun!

Des 56

-
Arms
Esteemed
Was really worried that I would have to call them out

As per the site warning about being 9 o'clock and the fuse box smelling
Its gone 9 o'clock and that smell turned out to be the Mrs after the curry she ate last night,relief

Reply to Rewire? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom