Discuss Rointe radiator programming in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

atanq

Hi guys,

I've got these rads in my house, and they're pretty good, but a pain in the boot to set up and program. Sure if I took some time I could get in a rhythm but I'm thinking of a long-term solution.

Being a bit of a programmer, I'm looking at reverse engineering the remote control programmer that I've got me hands on so I can program them up with a laptop. I'm thinking real-time mods, upload/download of configs, easy set up interface, all through a USB infrared port. As far as I can tell, this hasn't been done before, and Rointe don't offer anything software wise, cos I called them up to ask.

So, I'm throwing this out there to see who else would be interested in this project of mine, and I'd share some beta programs for anyone who wished to test it with me?

Cheers,

Aaron.

Reply to Rointe radiator programming in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all @ef.net, I'm a newbie to the forum; this is my first post. The Danfoss FP715si programmer that had been in use for about 8-9 years began...
Replies
Views
I've always thought I was quite good a wiring heating systems, I can do Y plan, S plan, UFH set ups, "normal" thermal stores etc, you name it and...
Replies
Views
Hi there, first time poster. So long story short after 15 years in hospitality I found myself made redundant and struggled to find work so picked...
Replies
Views
Hello there, I’m in the process of mapping out a relatively standard S-plan system for my parents central heating and hot water system. Not sure...
Replies
Views
A bit of a mini essay but these questions have been building up in my mind over the last weeks and months as I've been studying and volunteering...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock