Discuss Round conduit box lids. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Evening, is there a place to get good quality 20mm round plastic conduit lids?
I’ve installed a load this weekend from Screwfix and they don’t seal correctly as the plastic is too thin.
I’ve ended up using two lids on each box!

Thanks.

Evening, is there a place to get good quality 20mm round plastic conduit lids?
I’ve installed a load this weekend from Screwfix and they don’t seal correctly as the plastic is too thin.
I’ve ended up using two lids on each box!

Thanks.
Get some rubber gaskets to go with the lids

Thanks, they have a rubber seal, but they seem to be tightened too much when you buy them. The screw hole is slightly lower than the level of the outside rim so they are bent outwards in between the screw holes.

I use Marshall Tufflex (I think.) With separate rubber gaskets and brass screws.

Not the cheapest way to do it but it works for me.

Marshal Tufflex lids are pretty good, though they don’t work well with rubber gaskets.
They have a raised boss around the inside which locates the lid in the box, but prohibits using gaskets.

The gaskets I use are the full size of the box and I can't say I've noticed an issue.

I'll double check the brand of lid in the morning.

I over ordered a year or so back so have squillions of the damned things.

The gaskets I use are the full size of the box and I can't say I've noticed an issue.

I'll double check the brand of lid in the morning.

I over ordered a year or so back so have squillions of the damned things.
The ones I’ve used have 2 spikey bits sticking out to locate over one of the screw lugs in the box as well.

Reply to Round conduit box lids. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock