Discuss sacked for what i deemed as safe in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

just been reading through the topic hope its gone okay for you today mate, any news?
quick question in relation to it as im unsure...say you've done a PIR on a domestic property and for example its a split load board so the lights have no rcd protection and you code 1 it for the switch drops in the wall but the customer doesnt accept your quote for replacing with rcbo's then are you still liable?

hello all
first let me thank you all for advice and support

i was in court for 3 things
before i was suspended i had requsted unpaid leave for b4 xmas but had not been granted so on the day of my suspention i wrote a letter saying i no longer required it .....

the judge said to my x company i did not have to give them a reason so they should pay me the 3 days pay owed

2 in relation to the unidentified circuit i have always agreed it should have not been connected and having the periodic would have made me not connect it my boss was told his comments were harsh and so where his actions i was cleared of this

3 the fact of not testing the water bonding although i had used my continuity / voltage tester i had said all along i had tested it this way and was not happy with using it and would have prefered to use a ohm meter to obtain a reading i stressed i did not have a tester and did the best i could at the time with the materials i had and obstacals in my way ( my boss lol)
the judge deemed that as it was not wrote down in the minutes of my disaplinary they had tried to find something but were unable to and in the law they cannot override the decition unless there is 100% proof......
so i was not awarded compo and they won this one on a technicality all because of a crap HR Advisor.

i did however make one of the directors look a fool over number 1 my line manager look a fool because he was saying they did not have to rectifiy any immeadiate dangers on the periodic, and the fact he was saying the periodic is like a MOT for a car and the person doing the remeadials does not have to have it and the supervisor who signs the nic eic certs as he had told the court how important it was to check the earth yet the periodic for the property i was working in the person who done it put n/a on the water bonding and the supervisor signed it off ..........
not the exact result i wanted but got my name cleared and the 3 judges took 4hrs coming to there decition prooves at least they belived me and where doing there best to clear me

there is a matter that i was accused of putting peoples life at risk in my eyes has alway been slander SO now im thinking of a no win no fee for my 2 line managers for civil action ;)
i did warn the HR advisor when i think i am right im like a dog with a bone............:D grrrrrrr

i would talk to a solicitor to see if you have grounds for a civil suite.if you have then go for it,it might make your former employer think twice in the future

Keep your chin up mate. It sounds to me like your a very competent sparky and you did everything possible to work within the law and keep everyone safe. Best wishes for the future.

Martin.

i would talk to a solicitor to see if you have grounds for a civil suite.if you have then go for it,it might make your former employer think twice in the future

If he goes for a civil suit against his former employers he will have to pay the full costs of a solicitor and barrister as he would not be entitiled to legal aid, which can go into thousands of pounds.

Reply to sacked for what i deemed as safe in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net