Discuss "Safety Electrical Connection" metal labels in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

SJD

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Does anyone know a source of just the metal labels that are attached at earth clamps?

Every time I need to replace a missing label, I'm taking a label from a new clamp, and throwing the clamp away, which seems a bit wasteful. I'd love to buy a bag/box of 50 or 100 of the metal labels.

Use the stickers instead.

I'd been under the impression that these were supposed to be metal. Checking my OSG, it says a "permanent" label to BS951 (which I don't have a copy of).

Actually a strong plastic sticky label wrapped round a pipe might be more permanent than the metal labels that get caught on all the stuff stored under a sink or under the stairs, and get pulled off.

Edit: Out of curiosity, I looked to see what I could find online about BS951. All I seem to come up with is a link to buy it for £130 from the BSI shop, and a preview suggests it has about a dozen pages. So around a tenner a page!

Last edited:
simple solution. don't lose the labels.

The earth clamps I generally buy are a little under £1 each.

The plastic labels too quite robust, but seem to be around £2 each for just a label! I'm thinking they ought to cost a tenth of that if sold in bulk!

Reply to "Safety Electrical Connection" metal labels in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, I have recently encountered that my circuit breaker for the upstairs lights keeps tripping. I flick it back on and immediately it trips...
Replies
Views
Hi all, New to the forum. I have been asked to look at this for one of our guys who's had an issue onsite after some electrical works had been...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. The title should sound crazy enough, but it's what happening in my 72-years old home we've purchased 2 years ago. I found the crazy...
Replies
Views
My Dad was a self employed electrician for 50 odd years. He sadly passed away in November and we have so much electrical & pluming stuff we don't...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I have recently moved into a new home and I am having problems with the MCB/RCD tripping (Mem M6 Type 3 - 30mA). It intermittently...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock