Discuss Salamander HomeBoost Pump Installation. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

LEDdriver

DIY
Reaction score
Hi All

I am looking to install a Salamander Home boost pump under the kitchen sink cabinet. Need some advise:

Currently next to the kitchen sink cabinet I have the dishwasher and Washing machine which are individually connected to fused spur and socket and I don't have spare fused spur and socket for the pump.

Need some advise:

Q: Could an additional spur and socket be installed for the pump via the ring and would it need a minor works certificate or a full Part P compliance certificate - as shown in the first two pictures(blue is existing, red required). Drawback a lot chasing into the wall etc will be involved.

Q: On the opposite wall, I have a spare fused spur and socket. Could I replace the socket with a flex, run 2.5mm 3 core 25A cable, under the kitchen cabinets to behind the sink cabinet and install a socket there. Effectively not altering any circuit, only moving the location of the socket after the spur by about 7m cable extension.
Only about half a meter of cable visible on the wall, rest hidden behind the kitchen cabinets - as shown in the last picture.

Would this require a minor works certificate?

The max current rating of the pump is only 1.8 Amps.

What would be the best option?

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• IMG-20211109-WA0002.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-20211109-WA0003.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-20211109-WA0007.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 6

Reply to Salamander HomeBoost Pump Installation. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I'm installing a Hoover oven and would like a little help please. The oven code is HOC3158IN. The oven manual states "The power cable must...
Replies
Views
Doing some work in a commercial restaurant/kitchen the builders had already boarded and plastered the walls meaning my only viable route is to use...
Replies
Views
Some advise or views would be appreciated. My supply is 100 amp single phase. I purchased my property 3 years ago or so, the owner prior to the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I need to have an electric car charger installed but at the moment I'm puzzled about what my options are. My garage is at the back of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm going to be installing an outdoor socket, have no problem with the outdoor/socket side, but when bringing the internal end or the SWA...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock